And India’s Ayurvedic medicine still uses them today – they’re that valuable for overall vitality, health and a good mental outlook.
Sounds intriguing, doesn’t it? Whenever I come across a way to support physical, mental and spiritual health that isn’t invasive or costly, it captures my attention. And I believe, as you learn more, you’ll be impressed, too.
It’s aromatherapy – the world of essential oils. Ongoing research suggests its potential benefits for emotional, mood and spiritual support, as well as many practical uses.
How Essential Oils Can Shift Your Mood and Vitality Almost Instantaneously...
Of all your five senses, your sense of smell is the fastest way to reach your brain.
With a direct path, the nerve fibers of your olfactory system – or your body’s system for smelling – run straight to the limbic area of your brain.
It’s here in your limbic system where you find direct links to your memories and stored learned responses, emotions, and feelings.
However, your olfactory system involves more than just your brain...
Certain essential oils, such as peppermint, can be absorbed through your nasal cavity and through your bronchial tract and lungs.
These “fast track” delivery systems help explain how your body – and your brain – can respond so quickly to a calming or invigorating essential oil scent!
“Can Inhaling Essential Oils Harm My Pets?”
Contrary to common belief, newer research suggests that high-quality, pure essential oils may actually support the emotional and physical well-being of pets, including cats, when inhaled.
A word of caution… Not all essential oils are created equal. Avoid inexpensive essential oils of unknown quality or content. Many inexpensive oils can contain synthetic fragrance oils or perfumes that may be unhealthy for your pet to inhale.
To know which oils are suitable for your pets, it’s recommended to consult a veterinarian with essential oil experience. Essential oils should always be diluted, blended, and used with the supervision of a veterinarian or aromatherapist. Rosemary should not be used around pets with epilepsy and Tea Tree should not be used with cats.
Burning essential oils over a candle or light bulb is the traditional way to disperse the scent of essential oils into the air.
Now there’s a much more efficient way to experience the pure power of essential oils...
We now know that exposing an essential oil to heat can damage some of its fragile, beneficial properties.
With the new generation of diffusers such as the ultrasonic or waterless diffuser, your essential oil is dispersed into the air without heating the delicate compound.
With an ultrasonic or “cool mist” diffuser, you simply add your desired number of drops of one or more essential oils to a small reservoir of cold water. Within seconds, you have a cool, scented mist.
However, check your options before buying a cool mist diffuser... Some models have lights that can’t be turned off at night, a real disadvantage.
Another option is the waterless or dry aroma diffuser. This type doesn’t require water to disperse the essential oil – rather the diffuser attaches directly to the bottle of essential oil. Much like the ultrasonic diffuser, it disperses fine droplets of the essential oils into your air.
Both the ultrasonic and dry aroma diffusers provide continuous distribution of the essential oil in a way that is easy for your body to absorb, so you experience its ultimate benefits. You can also enjoy the unique scent of each essential oil.
No matter which way you choose to enjoy your essential oils, there’s something important you need to know about them...
It’s Not Hocus-Pocus... There’s Real Science Behind Aromatherapy
While aromatherapy isn’t new, the science surrounding it called psychoneuroimmunology is.
Simply, it’s the study of how your experiences – both good and bad – affect your inner self and your immune health.
Here’s what scientists have discovered: When you experience something pleasurable like a soothing massage or the scent of a fragrant flower, your mood lifts and your well-being is positively affected.
You can try it for yourself… Watch how your mood – and even your energy – shifts when you cut into a juicy orange or sniff a sprig of mint from your garden.
The most exciting thing scientific researchers have gleaned from this, in my opinion, is how we can use aromatherapy in our daily routines to enhance our vitality and well-being, and even our outlook on life.
And now I’m going to show you exactly how to do it...
Tapping Into the Biological Potential of Plants
Aromatherapy allows you to tap into certain specific compounds extracted from the leaves, flowers, fruits, seeds, bark, and roots of plants.
These wonderful aromatic compounds are called essential oils.
When carefully produced, high-quality essential oils are pure and very concentrated. A single drop can lift your spirits and improve your mood!
There are multiple ways you can experience the potential of these exceptional compounds. Many people like to massage essential oils mixed with a “carrier” oil directly onto their skin. Others like to add them to their bath water, shampoo, or lotion.
Still, others can be used internally, if you’re using a high-quality organic, food-grade oil like many of our Organic Essential Oils are.
But there’s even more...
Beyond Aromatherapy - The Many Uses and Benefits of Essential Oils
The power of aromatherapy is actually just one of the many benefits of essential oils. They may have other purposes as well. Here are just a few examples:
- Cleaning – Mix a few drops of Frankincense with warm water to clean and deodorize any room or surface in your home.
- Personal Care – Make your own scented body-soothing cream by mixing a few drops of Sage or Clove with an unscented cream or my Organic Body Butter.
- Health Related Benefits – Need help clearing your throat? Add one or more drops of Frankincense and Clove to a carrier oil and massage onto your neck and chest. Be sure to add to your diffuser, too!
- Home and Garden – Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano help repel many types of annoying insects, including flies, fleas and mosquitoes. Plus, it helps deter insect larvae such as certain caterpillars from devouring vegetables growing in your garden.
- Food Grade – Food-grade essential oils are derived from edible plants and then prepared in clean, food-grade facilities. They are of the highest quality. These special essential oils are fun to use in your kitchen, and they can help you save money. Most of our Organic Essential Oils are food-grade quality.
And once you start mixing and matching different scents together, the possibilities are endless – and, it’s fun!
Breathing in their aroma, essential oils can improve your mood quickly. Aromatherapy in your daily routine can enhance your vitality, well-being, and outlook on life.
Essential Oils are multi-purpose. They can be used for cleaning, deodorizing, personal care, even in your garden. Derived from edible plants, many are food-grade as well.
Because they are so concentrated, mixing your essential oils with a carrier oil is an important safeguard. When applied topically, they help “carry” the essential oil.
- Organic Argan
- Organic Rose Hip Seed Oils
- Organic Jojoba
Our diffusers provide continuous distribution of your essential oils in a way that is easy for your body to absorb, so you can experience their ultimate benefits.
- Dry Aroma Waterless Diffuser
- Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser
- Aromatherapy Starter Kit (includes diffuser and three essential oils)
Don’t Be Fooled by “Professional Grade” Fancy-Talk
I have a few more things to tell you about many of the essential oils on the market today. Now here’s where things can get a bit tricky. When shopping for essential oils, you’re likely to see the words “professional grade” on certain products What exactly does that phrase mean?
You may wonder... Does this mean they are a special grade or a higher quality reserved for professionals?
Manufacturers may want you to believe that, but you need to know there is no official grading system for essential oils. Anyone can label their product “Therapeutic Grade” without meeting any special criteria.
Don’t take their word for it... It’s up to you to be the “grading system” for quality!
When evaluating essential oils, always look at these factors that indicate quality:
- Where are the plants grown? Plants grown in their indigenous regions tend to be healthier. Watch out for “unknown country of origin!”
- Is it the correct species of plant? Watch out for cheaper substitutions. Make sure you’re getting the correct species, especially with lavender. Avoid products that don’t label the botanical name of the plant!
- When is it harvested? When a plant is harvested influences the potency of the valuable constituents in its leaves, stems, and flowers.
- Is it a synthetic fragrance oil or perfume rather than an actual essential oil? There’s a big difference. For true benefits, you want a quality essential oil for its biologically active compounds, or the beneficial properties that make it work, not just for its scent!
- How much does it cost? If it seems like too good of a deal, you’re probably better off avoiding it. High-quality essential oils are responsibly grown and safely extracted without using harmful chemicals. They naturally will cost more.
- How is the essential oil extracted? Look for essential oils that are either cold-pressed or steam distilled rather than extracted with harsh solvents.
- Has it been diluted or mixed with anything else? For purity, look for a 100% essential oil. That’s the only way you know it hasn’t been diluted or adulterated. This is another way price can be a tipoff.
- Do they test their products for purity? Are the essential oils tested for their identity (or verification that the ingredients on the label are correct), purity, quality, and safety? Look for essential tests like Gas Chromatography (GC) and Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR).
- Has it been manufactured in a cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) facility? Is the manufacturer processing the oils to Food Grade standards? This is especially important for oils used in the kitchen; you want to ensure the manufacturer is adhering to the same strict GMP guidelines that are required for manufacturing the foods you eat.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s cover a few points that may not be so evident...
Beware of Essential Oils That Carry Unwanted, Hidden Surprises
As I’ve just shown you, the quality of essential oils varies widely. You must do your due diligence.
In addition to the factors that indicate quality, check to make sure your essential oils don’t contain these hidden surprises:
- Synthetic ingredients – If you see the word “fragrance,” this almost always means, “hidden chemicals.” The fragrance industry uses over 3,100 chemical ingredients!
- GMOs – Beware of genetically modified ingredients. Eucalyptus is one essential oil that is sometimes genetically engineered.
- Chemicals – Harsh chemical solvents used in the extraction process can be potential neurotoxins and can cause skin irritation.
- Pesticides and herbicides – If they are used during growth or processing, they will most likely remain in the oil after steam distillation.
Here’s the best way to find a high-quality product... In addition to all these criteria, look for the Certified USDA Organic seal! You’ll get a higher standard of product when you go with an organic essential oil.
What Sets My Organic Essential Oils Apart
My Organic Essential Oils have been extensively researched, scientifically formulated, and carefully tested to be of the highest grade and quality.
But, as we now know, anyone can say those words. Let me show you exactly how exceptional my essential oils truly are:
- Packaged in a state-of-the-art facility with several in-house laboratories for the testing of raw materials, samples, and finished products for quality and safety.
This scientifically advanced facility includes a thermostatically controlled warehouse and temperature sensitive storage and refrigeration.
- Multiple tests are used to ensure the quality of the oils. Included are tests for:
- Identity by Gas Chromatography (GC). Creates a “fingerprint” that allows an experienced analytical chemist to identify individual compounds in each essential oil, making sure each ingredient is pure and true.
- Purity by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR). This advanced tool reveals and confirms the identity and purity of each essential oil.
- Potency and Quality by Optical Rotation. All suppliers must perform this analysis to ensure that every batch meets our demanding criteria.
- Suitability by Microbial testing using rapid method analysis. All products are tested to be free of biological contamination.
- Texture, Color, and Aroma-by-Aroma Comparison. Going one step beyond analytical testing, quality inspectors physically inspect our essential oils.
- Extracted using suitable, gentle methods to preserve potency, aroma, and effectiveness. No harsh or harmful chemicals are ever used!
- Cold Press Extraction is a natural extraction method used for citrus products, like our Lemon and Orange Essential Oils. A cold “press” is carefully applied to extract the maximum concentration of beneficial oils.
- Steam Distillation is a gentle and precise way to extract essential oils while leaving behind any undesirable components. Essential oils are converted into vapor and then condensed into liquid form.
- All of my Essential Oils are Certified Organic and free of genetically engineered ingredients. The botanicals used in my essential oils are grown in soil that’s free of pesticide, synthetic fertilizer, and herbicide residues.
Last but not least, all of my Organic Essential Oils are guaranteed to be of the finest quality, GC/FTIR verified and Certified Organic.
Are You Ready to Lift Your Mood and Nurture Your Spirit? Are You Ready to Turn Ordinary Experiences Into an Aromatic Journey? Get Started Today!
Who doesn’t want to feel energized in only minutes? Or help lift yourself out of an unsavory mood... Or sharpen your focus and concentration when you need it most… Or keep annoying mosquitoes away during your next outdoor party? Or clean your home and leave it magnificently fragrant?
There are so many ways to use my Organic Essential Oils – you’ll never grow tired of mixing and matching and experimenting with your favorites. And at these affordable prices, it only makes sense to own the entire collection!
Don’t wait another day to start enjoying the immense benefits of high-quality essential oils. Order yours today!