If you’re a woman currently taking or considering taking a multivitamin with a recommended serving size of only one – or even two – capsules a day, I believe you may be wasting your time and money.
Why? It's very unlikely that one or two capsules or tablets can pack enough vitamins and minerals to truly make a significant difference in complementing your healthy diet.
Plus, women have very special needs that a general multivitamin with a single-capsule dosage simply cannot meet.
Makers of multivitamins have come up with some pretty amazing ways to compress ingredients but not to this extreme… not down to where a single tablet provides you the vitamin and mineral levels women need on a daily basis.
And speaking of minerals, many manufacturers of one-per-day vitamins don't even bother including essential minerals, like potassium or magnesium, in adequate enough amounts to make it worthwhile.
What about other nutrients from sources like vegetables, fruits and herbs? Shouldn’t they be blended into your multivitamin as well? I certainly think so.
But maybe you don’t need a multivitamin in the first place. Doesn’t a healthy diet provide you with all the vitamins and minerals you need as a woman?
Where Have Your Food Nutrients Gone?
If you’re regularly eating organic food grown by regenerative, or Biodynamic®, farming methods, consisting of a large variety of fresh, raw food and pastured meats and eggs, you may not need a supplement.
However, if receiving anything less than that as a woman, you may be a candidate for a multivitamin and mineral supplement. Here’s why…
Our non-organic food supply has changed drastically over the years, and the quality of your food can only be as good as the soil in which it is grown.
Healthy soils contain an immense diversity of microorganisms. These organisms are responsible for the plant’s uptake of nutrients, which in turn provide you with the nutrients you need.
The changes in farming in the 1920s, intended to make production easier and more cost efficient for farmers, initiated the nosedive on food nutrient values thanks to its lethal effects on soil microorganisms.
Mechanized farming – or the use of advanced machinery – decimates these nutrient-creating microorganisms in the soil.
Conventional farming methods also rely heavily on chemical fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides that can kill off the microbial inhabitants of the soil. Toxic pesticides have crippled nature’s ability to provide the minerals needed for proper plant growth and nutrition.
When genetically engineered (GE) seeds and glyphosate were introduced, any minerals left were hyper-chelated and unavailable to plants except for the patented GE plants.
Conventional farming methods do not focus on the nutrient quality of food. Rather, modern agriculture concerns itself with growth rate, pest resistance and the physical traits of produce, like size.
Is it any wonder we have little to no significant nutrients left in our food that isn’t grown through regenerative farming methods that specifically enhance soil quality?
How to Choose a Women’s Multivitamin Without Sacrificing Quality and Potency
More people are depending on supplements to help fill those nutritional gaps in their diets. According to a recent survey, nearly 68% of those polled take dietary supplements regularly, with 97% being “vitamins and minerals.”
Unfortunately, not all multivitamins are created equal, so you must be very careful when purchasing yours, especially when buying the grocery store or big box brand supplements. Be sure you’re buying from a reputable manufacturer that utilizes high-quality sources, including materials and type of production, for its nutrients.
Here’s the stringent criteria you can refer to, as a woman, to find a high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement to best meet your specific needs. Make sure the multivitamin:
- Is produced by a reputable company with the highest quality control manufacturing practices in place.
- Goes beyond RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) and DV (Daily Value) guidelines for certain vitamins and minerals – these are just minimums.
- Includes the added bonus of essential minerals that are absorbable – Many high-potency multivitamins lack important minerals, and chelated forms are among the best for optimal absorption.
- Includes special dosages and nutrients focused on women’s specific health needs.
- Contains a dosage high enough to provide adequate amounts – In other words, just one or two tablets a day are likely not enough to receive maximum benefits.
When we first started our research for Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women, we were absolutely shocked at the low quality demonstrated by so many companies. That's why we researched for many months to identify what we believe are the absolute best supplement manufacturers in the U.S. today.
The labs we’ve chosen have very strong formulation experience with Ph.D. formulators, and a strong manufacturing capability, consistently following the dietary supplement GMPs.
How Our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women is Made Specifically for Your Special Needs as a Woman
Three things make our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women stand apart from the others:
- The special nutrients added specifically for a woman’s needs
- The use of chelated minerals for optimal absorption – something that many manufacturers don’t provide at all.
- The unbeatable number of nutritional ingredients supplied in significant amounts
Although our popular Whole-Food Multivitamin is packed with high-quality vitamins and minerals that both men and women can benefit from, it goes without saying that women of all ages have special needs.
In our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women, we added the following enhancements, nutrients and a special antioxidant blend focused on women’s unique needs:
Double the amount of folate in the preferred, superior form of 5-MTHF. Certain groups of women may be at risk for insufficient folate intakes, especially any woman of childbearing age. Folate is also essential for healthy cell growth.*
Folate deficiencies in women are on the rise, and folate deficiencies can lead to elevated homocysteine levels, which can be a major contributing factor to heart disease.
Increased choline, which is important for healthy liver function and absolutely essential for any woman of childbearing age, as it also plays a key role in the fetal development of the brain and nervous system.*
Choline was only defined as an essential nutrient in 2017, and up to 90% of the U.S. population isn’t getting enough. Choline is mostly found in meats, which women tend to eat less of. Choline has been shown to have positive effects on the brain and mood.*
- Added a unique antioxidant blend of select botanicals for women’s health, including:
- Cranberry and D-mannose for vaginal and urinary tract health.*
- Red Clover for cardiovascular health, healthy normal hormone levels, and PMS and menopause symptoms.*
- Shatavari Root Extract (Asparagus racemosus) for supporting reproductive health and already balanced hormones.*
- Grape Skin Extract, a potent antioxidant, for its heart and skin health benefits.*
- DIM (Diindoylymethane) for promoting healthy estrogen metabolism and breast health.*
- Evening Primrose Oil for its skin, hair and nail health benefits as well as its support in symptoms of PMS.*
Our formula is also free of wheat grass and barley grass powders, making this a totally gluten-free formula.
Key Minerals in Our Formula Often Missing From Other Brands
Chelated minerals are minerals that have been combined with amino acids or other molecules to form bioavailable and more easily absorbed mineral complexes.
Some of the chelated complexes in our formula include magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese, copper, potassium, boron, chromium, molybdenum and vanadium.
Let’s take a closer look at some key minerals in our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women that are often missing from other brands or supplied in too low of dosages:
- Calcium – To provide a high level of support for your skeletal system, we chose to include an optimum amount of calcium in the formula.* Our formula provides 250 mg of calcium in citrate, malate and ascorbate forms that are more absorbable than mined forms of calcium, such as calcium oxide or carbonate that are more commonly found in supplements.
Magnesium – Scientific studies have reported that magnesium is helpful in supporting your lungs and pulmonary system, as well as your entire body*. As you age, you’re more likely to be deficient in this important mineral.
Magnesium works with calcium and vitamin D to promote bone density health.* It also helps maintain your muscular and nervous systems, a healthy heart and energy.* We’ve also used magnesium chelate for its absorption potential, rather than the more common and less absorbed magnesium oxide.
Potassium – This important mineral plays a key role in metabolism and your body’s delicate balance of water and electrolytes. The regulation of your heartbeat, muscle function, healthy blood pressure and nerve impulses all depend upon sufficient levels of potassium.*
Research has shown that potassium is another important element in your bone density health. As you age, bone density and strength become important elements in your overall health. The form of potassium used in our formula is a mineral chelate – again, a more absorbable form than potassium chloride.
Bonus High-Potency Antioxidants for Extra Free Radical-Fighting Power
In addition to the special antioxidant botanical blend focused on women’s special needs, Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women also provides you with high-potency amounts of additional antioxidant nutrients that include:
- Beta-carotene to support healthy vision and immune function.*
- Vitamin C to promote tissue growth and repair, and healthy gums.* Our formula also contains different forms of the vitamin C minerals in order to provide balance and absorbability.
- Vitamin D3 to support heart, bone, vascular and immune health.* Our formula supplies the preferred vitamin D3 form instead of vitamin D2.
- Vitamin E to support your muscular system*. The vitamin E in our formula includes the naturally occurring form of alpha tocopherol along with the other naturally occurring tocopherols.
- Selenium for immune function support.* The selenium in our formula is from an amino acid chelate complex.
- L-cysteine to help support your immune and respiratory systems.* Our formula uses the bioidentical form of L-cysteine.
- Lutein to promote healthy vision.* We use a lutein extract from marigold and not the synthetic form.
- Lycopene for your immune health.* We use a lycopene extract from tomato and not the synthetic form.
Researchers have found that at least several of these nutrients have declined over the years in our food supply, including vitamins A and C, and selenium.
Over 2,000 mg of Powerful Nutrients from Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs and Green Foods
In addition to the outstanding nutrients already identified, Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women includes more than 2,000 mg of nutrients based on vegetables, fruits, herbs and green foods. These nutrients work together to promote a woman’s optimal health in the following ways:*
||Your Body Systems Supported and Promoted*
|Grape Seed Extract proanthocyanidins
||Urinary tract and immune
||Digestive and immune
||Circulation and immune
||Nervous and tissue
||Cardiovascular and immune
||Immune and lungs
||Respiratory and digestive
||Circulatory and immune
||Vascular and immune
With the volume of all these vitamins, minerals and nutrients in our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women, there is something you need be aware of…
Warning: A Woman’s Multivitamin Overloaded with Nutrients May Do You More Harm Than Good
We’ll be the first to admit that coming up with our special, high-potency formula for women was a major challenge, because we understand that certain amounts and types of nutrients need to be carefully measured to avoid potential toxic buildup after consumption.
The bottom line… not all nutrients in certain amounts work well together. In fact, a type of competition can occur between some nutrients.
Each ingredient in our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women has been carefully evaluated and selected for its:
- Proper nutrient balance – Just like too little of a nutrient does not provide you any real benefits, too much can potentially do you more harm than good.
- Absorbability – The key to promoting your health is absorbing as much of the nutrients as possible.
- Competitive relationship with other nutrients – A complex evaluation is performed by the scientists to make sure the amounts and types of nutrients work well together to benefit you.
- Allergenic potential – Careful selection and measurement of the nutrients took place to investigate potential allergy issues.
- Long-term safety – Any potential toxic buildup was avoided with the proper balance of nutrients.
- Proper use of the bioactive forms of the vitamins and minerals – All nutrients are naturally occurring when possible or bioidentical to those found in nature.
- Non-GMO – All the vitamins, minerals and nutrients included in our formula are not genetically engineered (GE).
- Adequate dosage to get the full benefits from all the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients – Don’t be fooled by products that claim to provide you with a multivitamin formula that only requires one to two tablets per day. You will not be getting enough of the important vitamins and minerals your body needs.
Order the High-Quality Multivitamin Specifically Designed for Women to Help Fill Your Nutritional Gaps and Special Needs
Ideally, you could get everything you need from your diet. And while we believe that may still be the case for food grown by organic and regenerative, or biodynamic, farming methods, it’s probably not true for much of today’s food.
So when shopping for a multivitamin with minerals and for women’s special needs, don't be fooled by the amounts of nutrients added to a formula, a super low cost (may be a red flag for poor quality and questionable sources of nutrients) or Daily Value (DV) claims by the manufacturer.
This information can be misleading. For some vitamins and minerals, the daily values may be far too low for optimal health. You could be not only wasting your time and money but risking your health as well.
Think of Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women as part of your healthy food budget and not necessarily a supplement. After all, we worked closely with the lab to design a formula to complement a woman’s diet – not to be separated from it.
For More Convenient Travel and Daily Use…
Utilizing the same high-potency formula as our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women, our Whole-Food Multivitamin Daily Packs for Women makes it even easier for you to get the vitamins and minerals you need daily. Convenient for travel and daily use, they provide:
- Side-by-side individually wrapped packets in a box for daily morning and evening dosing.
- Eco-friendly packaging made from biodegradable, compostable cellulose, which provides an excellent moisture barrier.
Whether you choose to make our Whole-Food Multivitamin for Women or Whole-Food Multivitamin Daily Packs for Women a part of your daily routine, we sincerely believe that you're taking an important step in complementing and optimizing your diet and overall health.*
Order yours today, and Take Control of Your Health™.