If you’ve been a regular visitor to my site, you’re probably well aware of my strong opinions on the importance of pure water for optimal health.
I’ve been very outspoken on the potential dangers to you and your family when you drink and shower in unfiltered tap water.
And you may already know chlorine and other toxins are right at the heart of this matter.
It is important to understand that when chlorine interacts with organic matter found in your water, disinfection byproducts (DBPs) form.
And these DBPs are far more toxic than the chlorine itself. In fact, DBPs are responsible for the vast majority of the toxic effects of chlorinated water… toxic effects that can potentially lead to…
- Increased skin irritation risks
- Respiratory irritation and fatigue
- Weakening of your immune system
My strong recommendation to help protect you and your family from these potential water-spawned risks is to install a high-quality whole house water filter system.
How Great Is Your Exposure to Toxic Tap Water?
When it comes to completely protecting your entire home from unsafe, unfiltered water, a larger challenge presents itself.
Why is that?
Well, most people have more than one shower and more than one sink in their home. U.S. government census data from 2007 shows that 95% of new single-family homes have 2 or more full bathrooms. 28% have 3 or more.
And as far as occupied homes in the U.S., around 50% of them already have 2 or more full bathrooms.
So, the chances are high, you have more than one shower and certainly more than one faucet that can expose you to chlorine and the associated DBPs.
Plus, what about your dishwasher, your washing machine, and your bathtubs? Some people prefer soaking in a hot, soothing tub instead of showering.
The Hidden Dangers of Taking Long Hot Baths
Most folks equate a long hot bath to a very cleansing and relaxing experience.
Few people rarely give it a second thought about any potential dangers from the chlorine in their bath water… but the dangers are there.
Very similar to your shower, there are inherent health risks when bathing in hot chlorinated water.
A hot, soothing bath…
- Opens your skin pores and allows easier absorption of chlorine and other contaminants directly into your system…
- Creates chemical steam, which you inhale, and can contain up to 20 times the chlorine levels of tap water…
- Breaks down your skin’s natural moisture barrier, resulting in drier skin…
So, just like the hidden dangers associated with taking a shower in unfiltered water, the same holds true when taking a lengthy hot bath. The only real difference is that showering may be more hazardous because it takes place in a more enclosed area.
But the health risks in your home from unfiltered water don’t stop here.
How Invisible Chemical Vapors and Gases Could Be Potentially Harmful
One of the most significant risks from unfiltered water is something you cannot see or even feel… chlorine vapors and chloroform gas.
The FDA and other U.S. government agencies report that most homes in the U.S. have measurable levels of chloroform gas.
You might wonder how this potentially harmful gas winds up in your home. If you obtain your water from a municipal water supply, it has chlorine added. And unless you have a whole house water filter, chlorine will vaporize from every toilet bowl in your home and also every time you wash your clothes, dishes, or take a shower or bath.
Chloroform gas, chlorine vapors, and the associated DBPs may increase your risk of asthma, airway inflammation, and respiratory allergies. Chloroform gas alone can cause dizziness, nausea, and general fatigue.
Who wants to breathe any of these nasty vapors in their home? I certainly don’t.
As I mentioned above, trying to solve this problem inside your home goes beyond installing filters on your shower and kitchen faucet.
Here are typical sources that can release chlorine vapors into your indoor environment and contribute to poor air quality…
- Dishwashers – Most people wash their dishes using hot water, and many even use the "hot" dry cycle as well. This generates steam that can easily be released into the air you breathe.
- Washing Machines – Using cold water to wash your clothes certainly helps minimize vapor release. But washing your clothes in chlorinated water can embed the chemical into the clothes you wear, potentially leading to rashes and other irritations.
- Toilets – The flushing action of a toilet potentially releases chlorine vapors into your indoor environment. Regardless of the flushing, unfiltered water just sitting in the bowl has the potential to release chemical vapors.
The bottom line – there are multiple unfiltered water sources and common appliances within your home that can expose you to dangerous chlorine vapors, chloroform gas, and disinfection byproducts (DBPs).
Even though it’s a great place to start, you might want to consider going beyond simply filtering your tap water in your shower and at your kitchen faucet.
So, what can you do to ensure your entire home is protected? Well, you could purchase individual filtration systems for all your faucets, showers, bathtubs, and appliances, but that is costly, with all the individual installments adding up.
It also doesn't solve all of the potential issues… like the chlorine vapors that might escape into the air from your toilets… and the sheer amount of labor required to install and maintain individual filters. Each filter will require periodic replacement of its cartridges.
So then, what is a practical solution for a whole house filtration system?
How to Practically Protect Your Entire Home
You basically have two options, one is a whole house water filter and the other is to ventilate your home.
If you get your water from a municipal water supply and don't have a whole house filter, it really is important to you and your family's health to open up windows on opposing sides of your home so you get cross ventilation. Get the windows open for 5 to 10 minutes a day to remove these gases.
Alternatively, you could use a whole-house filtration system. The best one I could find for you and your family is called the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filtration System.
If you really want to filter your entire house from chlorine, DBPs, and other contaminants, this is the system for you.
First of all, here is the extraordinary 3-stage filtration process – which features a micron sediment pre-filter, a KDF water filter, and a high-grade carbon water filter – this system uses… one of its strongest components…
But how do you know this filtration system really works and is worth its weight in gold?
When selecting solutions to offer on my site, there’s one area I never compromise on… and that’s quality and proof of performance.
With the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filtration System, I believe the quality of craftsmanship and the proof of performance are second to none...
Finally – A Whole House Water Filtration System with Certified Performance
Not many of the whole house water filtration systems we evaluated even came close to the quality earned by the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filter.
By being identical to filters that have been tested and certified to meet industry standards for the reduction of chlorine, the manufacturer of the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filtration System has delivered solid proof of its extraordinary performance.
Both of the industry standards are for chlorine and particulate removal. One standard covers the removal of 85% of the particulates in the water, as well as the chlorine. Each standard is either for non-health related performance, such as removal of particulates and taste, or are for health related performance, such as removal of toxic contaminants. This clarifies the water and makes the taste also more neutral.
Test data on this filter system clearly shows reduction of chlorine in tap water by 97%. This far exceeds the minimum allowable reduction of 50% or greater.
NOW! Double the Previous Capacity – 600,000 Gallons!
We’ve made some important improvements to our Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filter to bring you greater value.
Our whole-house filter now provides double the capacity of our earlier 300,000-gallon model. You now get a longer filter life from your whole house filter - 600,000 gallons! That’s a 6-year life span for a family of four!
Already own the 300,000-gallon model? No worries… when you next change your filter, we will automatically upgrade you to the 600,000 gallon capacity!
Enjoy clean, great-tasting water from every tap in your home when you remove risky contaminants and leave in the healthy minerals.
Food cooks faster and tastes more delicious when prepared with filtered water. Plus, you’ll notice a difference with cleaner, fresher smelling wash, and experience silkier, softer skin and hair.
11 Solid Reasons Why I Feel This Water Filtration System Is the Best
Here a quick summary of why the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filter is truly a remarkable whole house filtration system and solidly earned my recommendation…
- Filters out 97% of chlorine and disinfection byproducts – By filtering chlorine out at the source (where it enters your house), you and your family will have safe, clean water to drink, bathe, and wash your dishes and clothes. You’ll avoid breathing chlorine vapors and chloroform gas.
- Provides cleaner, healthier air in your home – By filtering out the majority of chlorine and volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) from where your water enters your home, you instantly improve your indoor air quality. No breathing in of dangerous chemicals when you shower!
- Included high-grade carbon water filter helps remove hormones, drug residues, chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides lurking in your water.
- Contains a commercial-grade 10-inch prefilter to remove heavy sediment and to help extend the life of your filter.
- Effectively filters out bad taste and odors – Not only do the filters remove 97% of chlorine, but they also effectively reduce chlorine taste and odor.
- Enhances pH balance in your water – Helps contribute to softer hair and skin to avoid excessive dryness.
- Eco-Friendly – No back-flushing required – Unique 3-stage filtration process helps prevent expensive and time-consuming maintenance with no waste.
- Meets Common Water Filtration Industry Standards – Entire system meets the gold standard of water filtration, so you’re assured of top quality for the system’s structural integrity and the filtration media.
- Compact size – Unlike many whole house units, this filtration system is quite compact in size… allowing more flexibility with variable installation locations.
- Quickly installed in any home – There is some minimal plumbing required by a licensed plumber when you first install the system, approximately 1 to 3 hours.
- Cost effective and convenient – We’ve already discussed how installing individual filter systems on all your faucets, showers, bathtubs, and appliances can be costly. Plus, with individual filter systems, you have the cumbersome job of keeping track of all the filters and when they need to be replaced. With the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filtration System, not only is it priced very reasonably, you only need to concern yourself with filter replacement for a single filtration system.
‘Do I Still Need My Countertop or Under Counter Filter
With a New Whole House Filter?’
In some homes, especially if you have older pipes, the pipes between the whole house system and your kitchen faucet may already be contaminated.
Therefore, for peace of mind and the added assurance of “clean” water for your kitchen faucet, I recommend you complement the whole house system with the counter top or under counter filter.
With an added point-of-use filter, you’ll have no doubt your drinking water is sparkling clean and free of any existing contaminants originating from your pipes.
Discover more about our Pure & Clear Countertop and Under Counter Water Filters.
If You Really Want Protection from Tap Water,
This Is the Way to Go
So, it's really up to you at this point.
You can install individual filtration systems for your kitchen faucet and main shower, or you can decide to go all the way and fully protect your entire home.
Here's more on the very compelling reasons to take action and order the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filtration System today…
- Filters water efficiently and cost-effectively for your entire home
- Protects your indoor air from chlorine vapors and chloroform gas
- Goes beyond your shower and kitchen faucet by filtering water at the point where it enters your house... dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines, bathtubs, and toilets all will use clean, safe water
I believe the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filtration System is the best system I've found to date that satisfies and even exceeds my team's demanding quality and proof of performance standards… the 97%+ reduction of chlorine is truly remarkable.
And priced very reasonably, you'll save significantly over the cost of installing and maintaining individual filtration systems on all your water sources. And as you learned earlier, the individual approach is simply not as practical… with the exception I do recommend a Pure & Clear Countertop or Under Counter system to complement the whole house system.
Plus, if you have a well, there's a Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filter just for you.
Q & A
Q: How can I tell if there are contaminants in my water?
A: All public water systems contain some level of one or more unhealthful chemicals. Regulations for potable water only require periodic testing of about 91 chemicals. There are many chemicals used in our society with over 1000 new ones being developed each year.
Contaminant levels fluctuate throughout the year making it impossible to know the actual level of contamination in a central water system. So far, over 2,100 toxic chemicals have been detected in America's water systems. There's an excellent chance many are in your water, too. However, the contaminants discussed above may not be present in your particular water system.
Ideally, you need a whole-house water filtration system that offers a variety of methods to remove different contaminants. Remember, most systems do not address a combination of organic, inorganic, sediment and metal contaminants. Using only a carbon water filter or KDF water filter may not be enough to ensure the cleanliness of your water supply – you need a powerful combination of these filtration methods to ensure that you are getting high-quality water in your home.
Q: Does the Pure & Clear Water Filtration System remove fluoride?
A: Fluoride removal requires a specialized filtration process, which is not part of this filter system. However, there is usually a moderate reduction in fluoride levels in water filtered by the Pure & Clear. If you are concerned about the presence of some remaining fluoride in your water, then you'll need to consider a Reverse Osmosis filter. But remember, there are downsides to RO filters in that they remove natural minerals, tend to be expensive, and can have issues with bacteria buildup.
Q: Can the Pure & Clear products be used on well water?
A: The Pure & Clear water filters are intended for use on municipally treated potable water and are not warranted for use on private wells. In most situations, these water filters will work fine on well water as long as it is drinkable water.
The Pure & Clear Well Water Systems are specifically designed to work with well water.
Q: How do you know when the filter cartridges need to be replaced?
A: Pure & Clear 5 micron Whole House Sediment Pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months. Whole House KDF Water Filter should be replaced every 6 years. Pure & Clear .35 micron post filter replacement cartridge should be replaced every year. The well water filter requires replacing every 5 years or 500,000 gallons, whichever comes first.
Q: Will I experience a drop in water pressure after installing the Whole House Filter?
A: As long as your home is less than 3,500 sq. ft. and you have 3-3.5 bathrooms or fewer, you should not experience any noticeable drops in pressure. If you have a larger home, two systems would need to be installed side by side. This would also double the life of each system.
Order a Whole-House Water Filter Today and Protect Your Entire Home
So, if you truly want to protect your entire home from unclean tap water and dangerous chlorine vapors, order one of the Pure & Clear Whole House Water Filter Systems… and look forward to drinking, showering, and bathing in clean, rejuvenating water.
Order today! See “City Water System” and “Well Water System” diagrams below, as well as “Best Selling” section, to help determine the the water filtration system right for you.
City Water System Well Water System