Between the ages of 51 and 60, approximately 50% of men will experience some signs of less-than-optimal prostate health. The risk increases progressively with age so that after age 80, 90% of men may need extra support.
While prostate health has been a widespread concern for men 50 and older, in recent years, its relevance to men in their 30s and 40s has become more prominent. And it’s vitally important to know that many factors can impact a man’s prostate health, including diet, lifestyle habits, family history, ethnicity and environmental elements.
Does this seem like something you, or the men in your life, should ignore or simply put on the ‘back burner’?
Chances are fairly high men will need extra support in this area of their body during their lifetime.
You may be aware of some or all of this. However, it’s important to become fully informed as soon as possible in order to take appropriate action to support prostate health.*
Male Anatomy 101
As a man, your prostate serves two purposes; it is both a muscle and a sex gland that functions as part of your reproductive system.
Your prostate is located just below your bladder and sits in front of your rectum. A vital part of the prostate system is your urethra, a tube that carries urine and sperm out of your body.
When a man is young, the prostate is typically walnut-sized. But as a normal part of aging, the prostate can balloon to about the size of an egg.
One of the prostate's main functions is to nourish semen, the fluid that keeps sperm healthy for fertilization. A healthy prostate also has a built-in immune function.
Regardless of age, keeping your prostate healthy is key to supporting optimal urine flow, vitality and a healthy sex drive.*
8 Easy Ways to Support Your Prostate Health
Here’s a simple guideline with some straight-forward steps any man can easily implement to improve his prostate health:
Optimize your vitamin D level.
This is ideally accomplished through safe sun exposure to optimize your levels, which should be between 40 to 60 ng/ml. If you aren’t getting enough vitamin D through sunlight or your diet, taking a high-quality vitamin D3 supplement is a viable option.
Eat healthy wholesome foods.
To support your overall health, a healthy diet full of unprocessed and preferably organic and Biodynamic® foods is best while being careful to limit sugars and grains. It’s also important to consume moderate amounts of protein and plenty of high-quality fats and eat foods that are rich in antioxidants, carotenoids and catechins that can help support your prostate.
Reduce your stress.
Most people know stress can have a negative effect on their health. Scientists have shown links between stress and less-than-optimal prostate health.
Exercise and relax your muscles.
Muscle tension can impact your prostate health. A regular exercise program can do wonders to help you reduce muscle tension and support a healthy mood.
Support your lymphatic system.
Your lymphatic system is responsible for clearing your body of waste, and it plays an essential role in your prostate vitality. Engaging in regular exercise and drinking adequate amounts of pure, fresh water can help flush waste and toxins out of your body.
Studies show that smoking may increase your risk of prostate issues. Quitting this habit is an important step to better support your prostate health.
Revitalize love and sexual activity.
It's no coincidence that celibate men may need additional support for the prostate. Research has shown that a healthy sex life is good for your prostate. Frequent ejaculations may help act as one of your body's natural detoxification functions for the prostate gland.* Also, nurturing your personal relationships and love can help reduce stress as well.
Schedule a prostate evaluation.
Getting an early assessment of your prostate health is a crucial first step in knowing where you stand.
Wholesome Foods That Can Help Nurture Your Prostate
To take a more proactive approach to support your prostate health, studies show that one of the best places to start is with your diet.
Eating wholesome, unprocessed and preferably organic and Biodynamic® food is always a smart way to achieve optimal health. When it comes to prostate health, there are some specific types of foods you can eat that can benefit your overall prostate vitality.
Foods that help support the prostate include vegetables and fruits rich in antioxidants, vitamins, carotenoids and catechins.
Here are some specific foods that may help give your prostate some added support:
- Tomatoes, pink grapefruit and apricots, as they are rich in a potent carotenoid antioxidant
- Cruciferous vegetables, particularly broccoli and cauliflower, as they contain carotenoids
- Green tea, as it contains beneficial catechins
How This Native American Plant Yields Potential Health-Promoting Nutrients*
People have used saw palmetto and its unique berries for quite some time.
It was an important food source for early settlers in Florida that included Florida's native population of Miccosukee and Seminole Indian tribes.
And there's evidence that subsequent settlers, including the Spanish during the 16th century, used saw palmetto as a food source as well.
In 1879, Dr. J.B. Read of Savannah, Georgia, published one of the first papers in a peer-reviewed journal on saw palmetto's potential health-promoting benefits based on his clinical experience.*
Derived from the berries of the Serenoa repens palm, saw palmetto is a plant native to the southeast region of the United States. It's found naturally in only a few other places around the world. And today, saw palmetto shows promise in how it potentially:
- Supports your prostate health.*
- Helps support urinary tract function.*
- Promotes a healthy libido.*
- Supports your cellular health.*
Finding the right high-quality saw palmetto formula can make a big difference in how effective its potential benefits may be.
Why Not All Saw Palmetto Formulas Are Created Equal
While saw palmetto shows great promise for enhancing prostate vitality, there appears to be significant inconsistencies with the formulas available.*
One study compared different brands of saw palmetto extract, and discovered that the potency of the same extract (Serenoa repens) varied greatly throughout batches. They concluded this was likely due to qualitative and quantitative differences in active ingredients.
This points to the fact that consistency of saw palmetto extract, even within the same brand, is a major concern.
Here are some of the issues that can lead to possible formula inconsistencies:
- Saw palmetto berries harvested out-of-season – Many mass-producers use ‘green' berries picked before maturity, which can lead to inconsistent and low-potency powder-based and extract formulas. Using un-ripe berries can result in low-concentrations of key fatty acids necessary for optimal prostate support.*
- Inadequate control of berry sourcing – Without knowing where the berries come from and when they were harvested, the manufacturer cannot ensure potency and high-quality consistency across all formulas.
- Less than optimal extraction methodologies – There are three main methodologies used for saw palmetto extraction, but not all three are optimal to yield the beneficial micronutrients. Hexane extraction, in particular, does not yield a high-level of micronutrients (if any, at all) and may leave a hexane residue, which can be toxic. The optimal saw palmetto extraction methodologies are supercritical CO2 extraction and ethanol/alcohol extraction.
- Poor preservation and stability processes – This can result in a formula with unpredictable shelf-life. Without utilizing a high-quality natural preservation system for the saw palmetto extract, the longevity of the final formula could be compromised.
- Poor quality control and standard practices – There simply is no substitute for high-quality controls when formulating any supplement. Not all saw palmetto producers show evidence of independent testing or high levels of industry-recognized certification.
Our research team has developed an exceptional saw palmetto formula that overcomes all these obstacles.
How This Exceptional Formula Provides the Ultimate Solution
The substantial success of saw palmetto has led many supplement companies to create their own formulas. Your job is to find one that will provide you with optimal benefits, keeping in mind the challenges we went over that manufacturers must overcome.
Offering you a dependable, high-quality formula for prostate health support, our Saw Palmetto supplement:*
- Is exclusively formulated using ripe berries – To ensure consistency and potency, only ripe saw palmetto berries are collected in the wild at the optimal time of year. From harvest to manufacture, our formula is made in Florida, U.S.
- Contains a high concentration of key fatty acids for prostate health – 85% of our formula per serving is comprised of the fatty acids necessary for supporting prostate health, exceeding the requirements for U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) standards in total fatty acids.*
- Avoids chemical solvents – This formula is devoid of impurities and residues from chemical solvents, which can decrease its effectiveness.
With over 20 years of experience providing science-based botanical-sourced formulas, our premier supplier takes saw palmetto production to a higher level:
- Employs a proven extraction process – Our supplier’s manufacturing process employs DeepExtract™ ultrahigh pressure supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction technology. This technology yields higher amounts of the micronutrients contained in the naturally sourced palmetto berries.
- Includes critical extract assurance testing – The extract is evaluated to ensure it exceeds USP standards in total fatty acids – a key determinant of saw palmetto extract quality and authenticity.
- Incorporates stabilization technology – For high-quality preservation and stabilization of our Saw Palmetto formula, our supplier incorporates an advanced botanical-based stabilization system called O2B™. This helps ensure that the botanical material (saw palmetto) reaches the consumer in an efficacious and reliable form.
- Maintains a complete chain of custody – This is the result of our supplier’s integrated processes, from saw palmetto berry harvesting to affiliate drying, CO2 extraction and final packaging. Our supplier vigorously supports sustainable harvesting practices and manufacturing technologies that are environmentally sound.
Why Supplementation Alone Is Not the Optimal Answer
Your lifestyle, exercise habits and diet can have a large impact on your prostate health. Good habits can help lower risk factors for prostate concerns just like it can for other areas of the body.
If you don't practice a healthy lifestyle, you simply won't optimize your prostate and your overall health.
That’s why it’s important to combine our Saw Palmetto formula with these helpful guidelines for maximum prostate health benefits:
- Optimize your vitamin D levels, ideally though safe sun exposure.
- Eat healthy wholesome organic and Biodynamic® foods, limit your grains and avoid sugar, and consume moderate amounts of protein and plenty of high-quality fats.
- Reduce your stress.
- Exercise and relax your muscles.
- Support your lymphatic system.
- Revitalize love and sexual activity.
- Avoid smoking.
- Schedule a prostate evaluation.
Take action using these natural guidelines, and complement them with Saw Palmetto for optimal prostate health.*
Time to Stop Ignoring the Importance of a Healthy Prostate
If you’ve been purposely avoiding taking any action to better support your prostate health, isn’t it time you took your thinking off the back burner?*
And women, remember to share this helpful information with the men in your life without delay:
- Between the ages of 51 and 60, about 50% of men will experience some signs of less-than-optimal prostate health. And the numbers increase progressively with age so that after age 80, the percentage balloons up to 90%.
- As a man, there's a high likelihood you'll need additional prostate support sooner or later during your lifetime.
Saw Palmetto, combined with the healthy lifestyle guidelines outlined above, will help give your prostate and overall health the support they deserve.* Take action now to optimize your prostate health, and order Saw Palmetto today.