Recently, researchers revealed a new discovery few people expected…
They found that our genes are only responsible for about 10% of our health, a complete turnaround of what many health professionals believe. So, what about the other 90%?
Instead of faulty genes, researchers believe one area that matters most is your microbiome – or the microbial makeup or flora of your gut.
If your gut is not healthy, you will not be healthy.
Throughout your life, many factors can threaten your gut microbiome. Take a moment and see how many of these gut-disruptors may be working against you right now:
- Do you drink fluoridated or chlorinated water?
- Do you eat processed, refined foods?
- Do you eat sugar and non-fiber carbs?
- Have you taken antibiotics within the last two years?
- Do you eat factory farmed meats and conventional dairy products? (these are hidden sources of antibiotics.)
- Do you eat non-organic vegetables and fruits?
- Do you eat bioengineered grains and conventionally grown, non-organic wheat?
- Do you take over-the-counter painkillers or heartburn pills?
- Do you live a stress-filled life and lack adequate stress management tools?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, your gut health may be compromised.
Each of these factors can affect your gut’s microbiome and alter its pH. They can also impact your absorption of nutrients, inflammatory response, immune function, digestion and ability to fight invaders.
Your gut health depends on having the proper balance between beneficial bacteria and potentially pathogenic bacteria, as well as the health and integrity of your gut lining.
When your microbiome falls out of balance or loses its diversity, or when your gut lining becomes compromised, many processes in your body are impacted, and your risk of additional health concerns could increase.
As a result, high-quality probiotics (“good” bacteria) can have a profound effect not only on your gastrointestinal health but also on your overall health.*
7 Ways Your Gut Bacteria Influence Your Health
The effects of a healthy microbiome reach beyond your digestive health. Your gut flora affects the health of your entire body, including your brain. While many don’t realize it, your gut even affects your mood.
There are more than 1,000 different species of bacteria living in your gut, and they’re very busy at work, helping to:
- Direct the activity of hundreds of genes.*
By turning on or off genes, they change the instructions going to your cells for supporting health.*
- Calibrate your immune system.*
Experts believe about 80% of your immune function is located in your digestive tract.
- Promote a normal allergic response.*
By helping to protect the membrane lining of your intestinal wall, they help stop undigested food, bacteria and metabolic wastes from escaping into your bloodstream.*
- Digest your food and produce nutrients.*
They’re essential for optimal digestion of food and absorption of nutrients, and they help your body produce vitamins, absorb minerals and aid in the elimination of toxins.*
- Make you feel happy or blue.
Your gut contains a network of neurons or brain cells called the enteric nervous system (ENS). Your ENS controls both digestion and mental well-being. Changes in your gut bacteria can have a noticeable effect on your mood and sleeping patterns.*
- Promote your urinary tract health.*
Evidence suggests that regular use of probiotics may help support urinary tract health by maintaining a population of healthy bacteria in selected areas of your urinary tract.*
- Support vaginal health in women.*
Similar to your digestive tract, a woman’s vaginal health depends on the right balance of bacteria.*
And this is just the beginning, assuming you have a healthy diversity of the right kinds of bacteria in your gut. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case…
Why Eating Commercial Yogurt Doesn't Take the Place of Probiotics
Contrary to all the media hype out there, most commercial yogurts are not a good source of probiotics. Many have little to no live probiotics.
As great-tasting as many of them may be, don't be fooled by yogurt products advertising live cultures that are beneficial to your digestive system.
Unless you make your own yogurt at home with a high-quality culture starter, you can’t be sure you’re getting any significant probiotic benefit.
Commercially bought yogurts are typically:
- Pasteurized, a high heat treatment that kills organisms, including probiotics, unless they are added afterwards
- Sweetened with sugar or artificial sweeteners, neither of which are recommended for optimal health
- Made from factory-farmed dairy and may contain growth hormones and antibiotics
When you eat sugar – often found in commercial yogurt products – you feed the bad bacteria in your gut. You want to do the opposite… you want to nourish the beneficial bacteria.
The heat-intensive pasteurization processes used in most commercial yogurts have likely reduced or wiped out both the harmful and the beneficial bacteria in many of them.
Similarly, we now have less bacteria overall in our everyday environments. Antibacterial products, including hand sanitizers, have made for a world that may be a whole lot cleaner but not exactly healthier.
With less helpful bacteria available in our food and our environment, taking a high-quality probiotic is crucial.
Before discovering a family of probiotic formulas that are worthy of your attention, you should become familiar with spore biotics or spore probiotics for total gut health.
Spore Biotics: The New Frontier of Microbiome Health
For optimal gut health, you need two different types of good bacteria:
- Reconditioning probiotic spores, or Soil-Based Organisms (SBOs), to condition your gut and support the growth of good bacteria
- Reseeding probiotics, or regular probiotics
Think of your gut like a garden. Probiotic spores act as the gardener. Like any good gardener, they pull “weeds” to detoxify your gut and replenish its energy and nutrient content.
In this way, spore probiotics provide a healthy foundation and growth medium for your gut.
You will also need seeds to grow the good bacteria in your gut. Reseeding probiotics provide the new seeds to replace the “plants,” or good bacteria, that wither in your garden due to a lack of proper nutrients or assaults like harsh chemicals and herbicide residues such as glyphosate.
Spore biotics, or spore probiotics, are bacterial spores that work in your gut much like the gardener. Spores provide key “reconditioning” strains of bacteria that help protect and recondition your gut flora and prepare it for the introduction of probiotics.
They help your microbiome recover from on-going assaults by fluoridated and chlorinated water, stress, medications, processed foods, refined sugars, EMFs and pollution.
Our ancestors’ diets included these bacteria spores, but today, people avoid touching dirt and thoroughly scrub their vegetables to remove all traces of soil along with their naturally occurring organisms.
Complete Spore Restore includes four outstanding soil-based spores or spore biotics and a prebiotic organic blend of three highly valued mushroom mycelium to potentially help improve the condition of your microbiome, gut integrity and much more.*
Because your gut needs both kinds of probiotics, taking both Complete Spore Restore and a high-quality probiotic can be highly beneficial.
That being said, finding the right high-quality probiotic is critically important.
Finding Probiotic Formulas Worth Your Time and Expense
Probiotic formulas are available with many different types of bacterial strains, the most common being Lactobacillus acidophilus. However, as you'll find out shortly, not all probiotics are created equal, and not all formulas are properly produced to provide optimal benefits.
If formulated properly, some major benefits of a high-quality probiotic include:
- Aiding you in digesting food, particularly hard-to-digest foods and foods that some individuals may be more sensitive to.*
- Enhancing the synthesis of B vitamins and improving calcium absorption.*
- Nourishing your microbiome by helping your intestinal microflora flourish.*
- Promoting vaginal health for women.*
- Supporting your immune system.*
Here are six key factors that differentiate good probiotic formulas from ineffective ones:
- Contain effective bacterial strains – must be strain specific with beneficial strains for microbiome, immune and digestive support.*
- Are viable, dose specific and independently tested to validate high potency.
- Contain a source of prebiotics tor enhanced probiotic performance.*
- Remain stable and viable for a long time, and don’t require refrigeration.
- Are resistant to acid and bile in order to survive the transit through your stomach to thrive in your intestines.*
- Avoid dairy, soy, gluten, corn, wheat and any bioengineered ingredients.
While I insist on a few specific probiotic strains – especially for probiotics formulated for women – there's one strain I highly recommend for everyone: Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1.
Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1 is a highly studied strain of beneficial bacteria, and, as you’ll soon see, DDS®-1 is extremely important.
The Extraordinary Benefits of Probiotic Superstrain DDS®-1
Over the years, studies have demonstrated the diverse effectiveness of DDS®-1:
- A major midwestern university study showed that after 60 days of use, most subjects reported significant improvement in abdominal health, bloating and occasional elimination of irregularities. This study suggests that DDS®-1 may help increase the healthy microflora in the gastrointestinal tract.*
- In another study, DDS®-1 helped support the health of human epithelial cell lines when evaluated as part of a probiotic blend.*
- In laboratory research, isolated evaluation of DDS®-1supported the normal production of immune components.* DDS®-1 performed this better than three other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium bifidum.*
- A study showed that daily ingestion of DDS®-1 in combination with three Bifidobacterium strains, in the majority of participants, provided significant improvement in gastrointestinal complaints like bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation.*
With regular use, DDS®-1 offers an extensive list of potential benefits:
- Colonizes the intestinal tract in high numbers*
- Provides long-lasting colonization*
- Helps support your digestive health*
- Survives the harsh acidic environment of the stomach
- Survives the high alkalinity and presence of bile acids of the small intestine
- Produces butyric acid, a substance that helps balance gut bacteria*
- Supports cellular health by stimulating the production of immune messengers*
- Supports cholesterol levels already within a healthy, normal range*
- Produces lactase to potentially help those unable to tolerate lactose*
- Produces vitamins B12, folic acid and vitamin B6*
- Supports colon health through its control over bile acids*
- Supports gut health and helps promote normal stools*
Complete Probiotics: Your Go-To High Potency, Multi-Strain Probiotic Supplements
Your intestines are home to over 1,000 different species of bacteria, and each strain performs its own unique functions in the body, so it’s important your probiotic contains a variety of strains, not just one or two.
With Complete Probiotics, you have a choice of our original 70 Billion CFU formula, or an even higher potency 100 Billion CFU formula. Both formulas meet our high standards of excellence for probiotics.
Here are the 10 specific beneficial bacteria strains in Complete Probiotics (70 and 100 Billion CFU formulas):
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1 supports digestive and immune health, is acid- and bile-resistant, and provides long-lasting colonization.*
- Lactobacillus casei supports a healthy immune response and aids in stress management by promoting healthy serotonin levels.*
- Lactobacillus plantarum helps ease digestive distress and supports a healthy inflammatory response.*
- Lactobacillus salivarius supports an already healthy inflammatory response in your gut and your immune health. Supports healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus can reduce symptoms of gastrointestinal distress, as well as support your healthy weight management and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- Lactobacillus brevis supports already healthy inflammatory and immune responses.*
- Bifidobacterium lactis promotes an already healthy inflammatory response, including allergy response, and supports the growth of other beneficial bacteria.*
- Bifidobacterium longum promotes a healthy stress response and may reduce gastrointestinal symptoms.*
- Bifidobacterium bifidum supports healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range and may help ease gastrointestinal symptoms.*
- Streptococcus thermophilus promotes healthy, hydrated skin, supports immune health and stimulates the growth of other probiotic strains.*
Perfect for both short-term use and long-term maintenance, high-potency Complete Probiotics (70 and 100 Billion CFU formulas) may be taken on their own or in combination with Complete Spore Restore (SBO Probiotic) for creating the optimal environment for probiotic use, and with Complete Afterbiotics to protect your gut microbiome and strengthen your protective intestinal barrier.*
Complete Spore Restore
Foundational blend of active bacteria for creating an optimal environment for daily probiotic use*
4 Billion CFUs of:
- 4 resistant SBO strains to protect and recondition your gut flora, including Bacillus clausii SC-109*
- Organic mushroom blend of prebiotics to promote immune health*
Multi-strain formula in a delayed-release capsule for optimal maintenance of overall gut health*
70/100 Billion CFUs of:
The perfect trifecta of diverse strains to provide powerful support for microbiome repair*
18 Billion CFUs of:
- 3 resistant SBO strains to recondition your gut, including Bacillus subtilis HU58*
- 3 reseeding probiotics, including yeast probiotic Saccharomyces boulardii
- Prebiotic Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex to reestablish intestinal barrier function*
Prebiotics: The Added Bonus That Helps Beneficial Probiotics Grow and Thrive
Prebiotics are non-digestible foods that help beneficial probiotics grow and flourish. They act as a type of “fertilizer” for the good bacteria in your gut.*
All Complete Probiotics supplements contain beneficial prebiotics in the form of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS).*
FOS is a favorite food for Lactobacilli and Bifobacterium strains as they can efficiently ferment and utilize it for energy.* These prebiotics remain in your digestive system to help boost the growth of beneficial bacteria.*
While Fructooligosaccharides are a form of carbohydrate, they contain less calories than sugar and do not cause a spike in blood sugar. Plus, they are added in very small quantities as to not cause any digestive upset.
Adding prebiotics to a high-quality probiotic benefits the entire formula and helps you get the benefits you expect.*
Extra Layers of Protection Inside and Out
You may have noticed that many probiotics come packed in plastic bottles with standard vegetarian capsules. These capsules can’t always protect probiotic strains from harsh stomach acids and bile.
If the strains aren’t acid- and bile-resistant, you may end up paying for benefits you never receive.
With Complete Probiotics (70 and 100 Billion CFUs), we do things differently.
Probiotics do their best work in your intestines and not in your stomach. To make it through your stomach’s harsh acidic environment unscathed, the probiotic strains need protection.
We specifically select probiotic strains that are naturally resistant to stomach acid and bile. And, unlike many other manufacturers, we test our probiotic strains for survivability.
After all, if the probiotics can’t survive the journey to their target – your intestines – you may be wasting your money. To combat this issue, 80% of the probiotic strains in Complete Probiotics are over 90% acid- and bile-resistant.
Even so, we have taken an extra step to make sure you get your money’s worth.
Our manufacturer uses patented delayed release capsules called DRcaps™ to provide additional protection from stomach acid.
The first of their kind, these acid-resistant hard capsules are made of a vegetable substance that slows down capsule disintegration after swallowing.
The capsule manufacturer measured how long it took the hard capsules to reach the intestines and release their contents, so they could be confident that the probiotics wouldn’t be harmed.
Here’s what they discovered:
- DRcaps capsules displayed delayed release properties as designed.
- Disintegration started 45 minutes after ingestion versus five minutes for a typical immediate release capsule.
- Complete release occurred in the intestines for the majority of subjects.
- Release was complete within 20 minutes after onset.
The DRcaps capsules’ delayed opening was sufficient to protect a probiotic’s fragile bacteria strains from the harsh acidic environment of the stomach.
With Complete Probiotics’ DRcaps delivered in a glass bottle, you receive an added layer of sustainability and protection against any kind of extreme weather conditions. And as you know, glass is also better for our environment.
For Women, a Complete Probiotics Designed With Their Special Needs in Mind
When it comes to probiotics, researchers are discovering that women have special needs extending beyond a healthy gut.
Women of all ages need effective probiotic support for their:
- Digestive and gut health.*
- Immune health.*
- Vaginal health.*
Complete Probiotics for Women contains 10 beneficial probiotic strains that address all these concerns.
Delivered in a glass bottle with exclusive delayed release DRcaps, this special formula contains seven of the same strains as Complete Probiotics:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1
- Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium longum
To support women’s special needs, we’ve included three additional Lactobacillus strains that show value for women’s health:
- Lactobacillus paracasei can help reduce occasional complaints of gastrointestinal distress, as well as support a woman’s healthy weight management and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- Lactobacillus reuteri is a well-studied probiotic bacterium that can colonize in your gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, skin and breast milk. It promotes women's health and well-being.*
- Lactobacillus gasseri is a probiotic strain found in human breast milk and supports bowel and vaginal health. Studies show it also supports weight loss in overweight individuals.*
Complete Probiotics for Women contains a total of seven of the most dominant Lactobacilli probiotic species found in a woman’s healthy vagina.
An Exceptional Alternative to Enhance Your Gut Health Without Pills or Capsules
If the thought of taking pills or capsules makes you uncomfortable, you’ll love this option. We’ve created a convenient way for you and your family to enjoy the potential for optimal gut and immune health without swallowing any capsules or pills.
To develop an alternative to probiotic capsules, our team agreed on one thing: we wouldn’t compromise the high-quality formula we had spent years developing and perfecting for Complete Probiotics.
Using the exact same formula as Complete Probiotics (70 Billion CFU), Complete Probiotics Powder Packets includes:
- 10 strains of friendly, beneficial bacteria (70 Billion CFU).
- Acid- and bile-resistant strains for maximum gut survival.
- Valuable prebiotics in the form of FOS for optimal probiotic performance.
- Delicious real organic raspberry with zero grams of sugar per serving.
- Easy-to-mix packets with water or your favorite juice.
And because kids’ needs are different from adults, we developed specially designed Complete Probiotics Powder Packets for Kids.
Complete Probiotics Powder Packets for Kids includes:
- The same 10 strains of friendly, beneficial bacteria as Complete Probiotics but with 10 Billion CFU for optimal benefits for kids.
- Acid- and bile-resistant strains for maximum gut survival.
- Valuable prebiotics in the form of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS).
- A half gram of organic raspberry powder as well as natural fruit flavors for enhanced taste.
- Pre-measured, easy to mix and swallow powder packets with zero grams of sugar per serving.
With Complete Probiotics Powder Packets and Complete Probiotics Powder Packets for Kids, you have two great probiotic alternatives for the entire family.
When Traveling, Don't Leave Home Without Your Probiotics
It’s always a smart idea to take along Complete Probiotics, Complete Probiotics for Women or Complete Probiotics Powder Packets (for Kids as well) when traveling to help keep your GI tract in optimal shape and to support your immune health.*
When you visit other countries, there's always a chance your digestive system can be sensitive to different foods and spices that you may not be used to. This can cause not only occasional digestive discomfort but lead to unnecessary stress.
That’s why taking along a probiotic to help support both GI and immune health while traveling is paramount.*
With Complete Probiotics formulas, you have some of the best probiotic supplements available, and they’re perfect for traveling because they:
- Can help you during times of digestive stress – to help give your digestive system the extra support it may need while traveling and trying new foods, you can take additional servings (recommended example: 4 to 6 probiotic capsules).*
- Support your overall immune health – 80% of your immune system lives in your gut, so it’s important to provide it with the care it needs.*
- Become part of your travel pack – They conveniently fit into your purse, briefcase or carry-on bag, and they don’t require refrigeration.
Take Control of Your Microbiome With Complete Probiotics
Supporting your gut flora or microbiome may be one of the most important steps you and your family can take this year for your health.
You’ve seen what can happen when your microbiome goes out of balance or lacks important bacteria strains. Whether your goal is to tune up your immune system, help calm your gut or just help safeguard your health, the timing is right to take action.
And you couldn’t find more valuable tools than Complete Probiotics (70 and 100 Billion CFUs), Complete Probiotics for Women, Complete Probiotics Powder Packets and Complete Probiotics Powder Packets for Kids.
Don’t let another day go by that you’re not doing all you can to support your microbiome, immune function and digestive health, and order your supplies of Complete Probiotics supplements today.