Sulfur is one of the most abundant minerals in your body. However, its value and importance to your health may be largely unappreciated.
Sulfur bonds are required for proteins to maintain their shape, and these bonds determine the biological activity of the proteins.
Your hair, skin, and nails consist of a tough protein composed in significant part of sulfur called keratin. And connective tissue and cartilage contain proteins with flexible sulfur bonds, giving the structures flexibility.
As you age, the flexible tissues in your body tend to lose their elasticity which can lead to sagging and wrinkling skin, as well as less flexible muscles and less comfortable joints.
In addition to bonding proteins, sulfur is also required for the proper structure and biological activity of enzymes.* If you don't have sufficient amounts of sulfur in your body, these enzymes cannot function optimally….
Sulfur also plays other important roles as it…
- Helps detoxification – Sulfation is a major pathway for detoxification by your liver*
- Supports your body's electron transport system – As part of iron/sulfur proteins in mitochondria (the energy factories of your cells creating ATP)*
- Converts vitamin-B thiamine (B1) and biotin – Which are essential for converting carbohydrates into energy*
- Helps promote normal insulin function – The insulin molecule consists of two amino acid chains connected to each other by sulfur bridges, without which insulin cannot perform its biological activity*
- Synthesizes important metabolic intermediates, such as the super-antioxidant glutathione*
Of all the roles sulfur plays, I believe one of the most important is how it can enhance your glutathione levels.*
Are You Getting Enough Sulfur in Your Diet?
I truly believe that the best way for you to obtain sulfur is through your diet.
However, there are some challenges with that. Only 2 of the 20 amino acids normally present in food contain sulfur.
- Methionine – This amino acid cannot be synthesized by your body and must be supplied through diet…
- Cysteine – This one is synthesized by your body but requires a steady supply of dietary sulfur in order to do so.
These important amino acids cannot be stored by your body. Any dietary excess of methionine and cysteine are readily oxidized to sulphate, excreted in urine, or stored in the form of glutathione (GSH).
This Could Be One of the Best Sources of Sulfur in your Diet
Sulfur is derived almost exclusively from dietary protein.
And I believe one of the best sources of sulfur comes from humanely raised, pastured meat.
Meat and fish are considered ‘complete’ as they contain all the sulfur-containing amino acids your body needs in order to produce new protein.
If you don't eat meat, there are other sources of sulfur including organic pastured eggs, coconut oil, and olive oil, as well as most cruciferous vegetables (when grown in soil that contained adequate amounts of sulfur)… Other sources include:
- Brussels sprouts…
- Wheat germ
Why You Still May Be Coming Up Short
Regardless of whether your diet provides adequate amounts of sulfur, we probably take for granted the fact that sulfur is provided by our atmosphere and soil.
Plants obviously require sulfur in soil in order to pass any on to you. And grass-fed beef and pastured poultry that eat plants need adequate amounts in what they consume to help keep this essential mineral in the food chain as well.
However, soils around the globe are becoming increasingly sulfur-depleted… resulting in less sulfur-rich foods overall. This depletion is primarily due to over-farming and decreased sulfur deposits on crops as a result of emission-reducing technologies used at coal-fired power plants.
Why Glutathione is Important to Your Overall Health*
Free radicals are reactive particles that bounce around your cells, damaging everything they touch. They can become active (or reactive) due to stress, poor diet, environmental factors, and even as a result of metabolism. And they can accelerate aging.
Glutathione has a unique role as it is present inside every one of your cells. In fact, it seems to have claimed 'master antioxidant' status by helping all the other antioxidants perform at peak levels.*
However, glutathione is not absorbed very effectively. Plus, glutathione supplements can potentially interfere with your body's ability to produce glutathione naturally over time.
This is where sulfur can provide you with a tremendous health advantage by how it can help boost your glutathione levels.*
After age 20, glutathione levels reportedly start decreasing at about 1% a year. Even more reason to make sure you have adequate amounts of sulfur in your body.*
How to Help 'Trigger' Glutathione Production Naturally in Your Body*
Are there other ways to potentially boost glutathione production within your body? Here are a few ways that certainly can help…
- Get plenty of appropriate exercise – Exercise affects your adenosine triphosphate (ATP) levels needed to help produce glutathione.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels through sun exposure – There’s some evidence vitamin D increases intracellular glutathione levels.
- Consume certain foods such as raw milk products, raw eggs, raw fruits and vegetables, and cold-pressed whey protein. Foods that are raw can provide high levels of the important and necessary amino acids your body uses to produce glutathione.
MSM can be a key compound in 'donating' its sulfur to benefit your body.* Research suggests that MSM can also function as a sulfur metabolism modifier… promoting the retention of sulfur and rapidly altering sulfur metabolism.*
MSM is not a drug but an organic form of sulfur and a potent antioxidant* made up of:
- 34% sulfur
- 34% oxygen
- 26% carbon
- 6% hydrogen bonds
Raw milk and raw cheese made from pastured cows contain some of the highest amounts of natural MSM.
My Selection Checklist for a High-Quality Sulfur Formula
Here's my checklist to help you see the process I went through (and recommend you do the same) when searching for a high-quality sulfur supplement.
- MSM must be of the highest quality – Prefer MSM produced using an extensive distillation process to ensure purity and help eliminate ingredient inconsistencies. Since sulfur is a prerequisite for this formula, MSM is a key ingredient in that it is made up of 34% sulfur.
- Look for a low-dosage serving of MSM in the formula – Keeping the dosage low may help avoid occasional minor side effects possible in larger doses.
- Include other robust sources of sulfur that can effectively serve as glutathione precursors* – The potential benefits of glutathione as an extraordinary antioxidant within your body cannot be understated.*
- Must contain high-quality pure ingredients –Without this, inconsistency in the formula can occur potentially making the overall benefits unpredictable.
- Must be produced by a high-quality manufacturer – High preference for a dedicated facility (particularly with MSM) to help avoid introduction of potential contaminants.
This Super MSM Sulfur Complex Goes to the Next Level to Help You Maintain Your Active Lifestyle
Our MSM Sulfur Complex is like no other sulfur-based formula out there, consisting of superior ingredients:
- OptiMSM® (Methylsulfonylmethane) – Our manufacturer’s four-stage rigorous distillation process ensures a 99.9% pure and consistent MSM in OptiMSM®. This optimal MSM supports joint, cartilage and connective tissue and helps reduce the effects of cellular aging to help you maintain your active lifestyle.*
- Trimethylglycine (TMG) – Also known as betaine, it’s an active component of choline and plays an important role along with folate in methylation. TMG can also act as a molecule to help control the balance of water in your cells and support your cardiovascular health by donating a methyl group to reduce homocysteine into L-methionine.*
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (from Sodium R-Alpha Lipoate) – Due to its capability to increase glutathione levels and to be readily absorbed when taken orally, we included alpha lipoic acid (ALA) in this formula.* R-alpha lipoic acid (R-ALA) is the preferred form of lipoic acid, is superior in stabilization and can provide up to 21 times greater bioavailability.*
- Organic Sulfur Vegetable Blend – Naturally-occurring organo-sulfur compounds can be found in certain vegetables. One such group of nutrients called isothiocyanates are derived from sulfur-containing compounds found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, and green cabbage. Allicin, another organo-sulfur compound, is the beneficial phytochemical found in garlic.
To help provide extra support for your detoxification pathways, we recommend taking MSM Sulfur Complex with our NAC with Milk Thistle.
How This Manufacturer 'Hit the Ball Out of the Park'
In addition to its phenomenal commitment to product purity, the manufacturer of OptiMSM® is dedicated to maintaining high-quality processes through advanced technology… as witnessed by how it…
- Uses a dedicated production facility to make its MSM – Reduces the chance of other contaminants and chemical toxins infiltrating the final formula.
- Maintains formidable certification levels for its dedicated facility – Certifications include cGMP-compliant, ISO9001 (2008 registered), and FSSC22000 (2010 certified facility).
- Utilizes real-time process control technology to monitor every facet of production – Helps deliver a consistent high-quality product.
- Goes the 'extra mile' and expense in testing – Each MSM batch is third-party tested and exceeds USP MSM monograph standards for dietary supplements.
- Delivers MSM that has additional benefits – Formula is Kosher and Halal certified… gluten-free, non-shellfish derived… and vegan.
Give Your Joints, Cartilage and Tissues the Support They May Need for Your Active Lifestyle
To help you get the sulfur you need, plus the additional benefits from TMG and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, add our MSM Sulfur Complex to your daily regimen today.
Its special OptiMSM® provides nearly 100% pure MSM for consistent results to help you fight the effects of cellular aging. And something you don’t get with other MSMs – the added benefits from our Organic Sulfur Vegetable Blend provides sulfur compounds you may be missing in your diet.
Why not try our MSM Sulfur Complex, and see what a difference it can make in your life? Your purchase is covered by our Money Back Guarantee, so you have nothing to lose (please see complete details below).
Enjoy your active lifestyle with greater comfort and ease with a little help from our MSM Sulfur Complex, and order today.