Many people have been led to believe that fish oil is their best option for getting the essential omega-3 fats – DHA and EPA.
However, few realize that fish oil has many pitfalls. It tends to be contaminated with mercury and other toxic heavy metals. Plus, because it is low in antioxidants, fish oil is highly susceptible to spoilage and can go rancid quickly.
Rancid, or oxidized oil is one of your body’s worst enemies. It can ignite inflammation and put your organ and cellular health at risk, especially your brain and heart health.
There’s a much better way to get your omega-3 fats. Aside from eating wild Alaskan salmon every day or supplementing with herring caviar oil, krill oil is a great option to get the essential omega-3 fats, DHA and EPA, your body needs. Krill oil comes from krill, tiny shrimp-like creatures that live in frigid Northern waters.
When you compare krill oil to fish oil, the differences are overwhelming. Studies suggest that krill oil:
- Is as much as 48 times more effective, meaning you need less of it.
- Is more absorbable since its omega-3 fats are attached to phospholipids for easy transport into your cells, including your brain cells.
- Contains phosphatidylcholine, which improves krill’s bioavailability, and contributes choline, which is important for brain development, learning and memory.*
- Naturally contains astaxanthin, nature’s most potent antioxidant, to help maintain its stability and resistance to oxidation.
- Isn’t prone to contamination from mercury and heavy metals, like fish oil, because the krill feeds on phytoplankton instead of contaminated fish.
- Is environmentally sustainable because krill makes up the largest biomass in the world – only 1 to 2% of the total krill biomass is harvested each year.
Unlike Fish Oil, Krill Oil Controls The “Switches” to Your Vital Biochemical Processes
Krill oil solves the common fish oil dilemma by containing both antioxidants and easily absorbable omega-3s. And because krill is only harvested from the pristine waters of Antarctica, they are largely free from pollution and contamination.
Most likely, you know about the many health benefits of omega-3 fats. Krill oil offers them and more, including benefitting your genetic expression and metabolism according to recent studies.*
Genes control nearly every biochemical process in your body, and any gene can be switched on or off.
What controls these crucial “switches,” or your gene expression, are nutrients like the omega-3 fats – DHA and EPA.
Not only do these essential fats support your heart health, immune system and overall mood, but they’re also important in helping you maintain a healthy balance of omega-3s and omega-6s.*
A healthy balance of omega-6s to omega-3s is key. Due to far too many omega-6s found in processed foods, the majority of Americans suffer from an imbalance of omega-3 and omega-6 fats.
You can check your omega-3 index and the levels of other essential vitamins and minerals at home with our convenient kits that test your Omega-3 Index, Vitamin D & Omega-3, Vitamin D, Magnesium & Omega-3, and Vitamin D, Magnesium & Omega-3 PLUS Elements.
Researchers recently compared the effects of krill oil and fish oil on gene expression in the livers of mice. When mice were fed the two different types of oil, only krill oil (and not fish oil) was shown to:
- Support glucose metabolism in the liver.*
- Support already healthy lipid metabolism.*
- Support mitochondrial energy production.*
- Support already normal cholesterol synthesis.*
- Help regulate the mitochondrial respiratory chain, thereby supporting overall mitochondrial health.*
The Total Package – Krill Oil Contains Powerful Antioxidants and Essential Omega-3 Oils
When I first learned about this pure marine oil, I was very impressed with the many benefits and solid research behind its unique combination of antioxidants, omega-3 fats and other nutrients.*
Krill oil contains naturally occurring astaxanthin and a flavonoid with a novel molecular structure. Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants; however, before now, they haven’t been found in anything except plants, such as vegetables, fruits and algae.
Astaxanthin and this unique marine-source flavonoid create a special bond with EPA and DHA, allowing direct metabolism of the antioxidants.* Plus, unlike with fish oils, which can quickly go rancid, astaxanthin helps manage krill oil spoilage.*
Here’s a quick glance at just some of the benefit of krill oil:
- Supports a healthy heart*
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels already in the normal range*
- Supports healthy joints and overall joint comfort*
- Supports a healthy brain and nervous system function and development*
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
- Supports your immune system*
- Supports a healthy mood*
- If you're looking for a way to support your overall health with a solution that really delivers, then take a closer look, and discover how our krill oil formulas stand apart from the rest.
Krill’s Secret Weapon for Getting the Omega-3s Into Your Cells
Unlike fish oils, with the exception of herring caviar oil, krill oil carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids – little packages that deliver the fatty acids directly through your cell membranes and into your body's cells.
Scientific evidence shows that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA are these phospholipids. Unfortunately, standard fish oils lack this phospholipid complex. Instead, they only contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less-beneficial forms of ethyl esters or triglycerides.
So why are phospholipids so important?
- They provide the building blocks for your cell membranes.*
- They regulate cellular transport by functioning as “gate-keepers.”*
- They help protect your cell membranes from free radicals.*
This unique relationship between the phospholipids and omega-3 fatty acids greatly facilitates the passage of the fatty acid molecules through your intestinal wall.* This helps you in three ways:
- Makes the omega-3 fats in krill oil more bioavailable than those in fish oil*
- Allows EPA and DHA to directly enter your cells*
- Improves your omega-3 to omega-6 ratio*
Although some omega-6 fats are good for your health, the balance of omega-6s to omega-3s is crucial.* Unfortunately, most people consume an overabundance of omega-6 fats found in processed foods. The phospholipids in krill oil can help balance this ratio and provide you with more omega-3 fats.*
This krill oil phospholipid “secret weapon” just adds more solid support to why I strongly recommend krill and herring caviar oils.
We’ve even taken our krill oil formulas to the next level with a very special formulation…
We’ve Added the Finest Organic Astaxanthin as a Bonus Ingredient
When it comes to antioxidants, it’s hard to beat astaxanthin for all it offers.
Astaxanthin is different from other antioxidants in that it can cross your blood-brain and blood-retinal barriers, and actually becomes part of your cell membranes. Plus, it can reach just about every cell in your body and acts on at least five different inflammation pathways.
These unique features enable astaxanthin to offer you a full array of potential benefits, as it:
- Supports your body’s already healthy normal inflammatory response.*
- Helps protect your cells from free radical damage.*
- Supports eye health.*
- Helps maintain a youthful appearance by promoting skin elasticity and helping to reduce damage from the elements.*
- Aids immune function.*
- Supports cognitive and psychomotor function.*
- Promotes comfort and flexible movement, especially after exercise.*
Because astaxanthin helps protect your mitochondria’s membranes, it may be especially beneficial to the parts of your body that contain the most mitochondria, like your heart, brain, liver and muscles.*
One of the best sources (if not the best) of naturally occurring astaxanthin is a very unique type of microalgae called Haematococcus pluvialis. Sea creatures, like salmon and krill, get their brilliant red pigmentation by eating this microalga.
Unfortunately, over 95% of the astaxanthin on the market today is produced synthetically, much of it for feeding to farmed salmon. Petrochemical-derived astaxanthin is much less expensive than astaxanthin from H. pluvialis, but it’s absolutely unequal in value.
The H. pluvialis we source for our Organic Astaxanthin is grown in glass tubes connected with special hoses that don’t use plastics, like the PVC hoses other growers use. Flexible PVC contain phthalates – toxic chemicals and endocrine disruptors – that can leach into the astaxanthin oils.
Plus, our grower carefully controls what is fed to the astaxanthin-producing algae. All the nutrients are organic compliant and only those allowed by the National Organic Program to meet USDA organic certifications.
The whole growing process is audited to the USDA National Organic Program. Third party auditors check all nutrients used and audit the complete process on a yearly basis so you can be assured you receive nothing but Certified Organic Astaxanthin.
As you know, krill oil naturally contains astaxanthin. To ensure you receive a healthy serving of astaxanthin with every capsule of our Krill Oil, we’ve added 2 mg of Organic Astaxanthin from microalgae.
Our Commitment to Quality and Species Sustainability
Harvesting krill in the Antarctic can be challenging and expensive. This can lead some manufacturers to take shortcuts at the expense of the ecosystem and the quality of the krill oil product.
In fact, a recent sustainability report of 24 fisheries by NGO Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) found one-third or 3.5 million tons of fish stocks destined for fish oil supplements are “poorly managed.”
Fortunately, we found a supplier that takes a whole different approach, with a focus on high-quality practices and sustainability.
The 24 fisheries in SFP’s recent report received one of four ratings for sustainability: A, B1, B2, or C.
- 12 of the 24 fisheries received “C” ratings (and one was shut down).
- 11 received B1 or B2 ratings.
- Only one fishery received an “A” rating – and it was ours.
I’m proud to announce that the fishery that supplies the krill for our Krill Oil was awarded the only “A” rating for sustainability and management strategy.
In addition to taking the appropriate environmental steps to protect the krill species, the patented technology that this fishery uses helps make the difference:
- They use a direct hose connection mechanism to help ensure unwanted by-catch are singled out and released unharmed during harvesting.
- They keep the krill live and fresh by bringing them directly into the harvesting vessel using a continuous flow of water.
The bottom line with this type of specialized harvesting is it not only helps ensure high-quality krill goes into Krill Oil, but it also minimizes environmental impacts and helps ensure the sustainability of Antarctic krill and other marine species.
Plus, we support The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR). CCAMLR was established in 1982 with the objective of conserving Antarctic marine life. To further support CCAMLR, vessels typically have a part-time observer on board to scrutinize harvesting limits.
With our Krill Oil, there is an independent observer on board 24/7 who reports back to CCAMLR on a daily basis.
Traceability – A Rare Find in Krill Harvesting
We have adopted The Marine Stewardship Council’s (MSC) “boat to plate” mentality and adhere to MSC’s Chain of Custody standard.
With MSC certification, every company that handles the product (from harvesting to encapsulation):
- Has been independently audited to make sure the MSC eco-label is only used on certified sustainable products.
- Stores MSC-certified items separately.
- Keeps effective records of MSC-certified products.
Traceability of krill oil ensures that the krill are sourced from a MSC-certified fishery and protects buyers, like you, and fisheries from fraudulent labeling. It also Avoids risk of fisheries carrying products from illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing.
The fishery supplying our krill oil was the first krill harvesting company to gain MSC certification – and still remains one of the only two to be certified.
In essence, we provide 100% traceability of the krill from sea to shelf in a controlled value chain: from harvesting, processing, and logistics, to final processing, product specs, andinternal and external audits.
That means we’re able to trace all krill back to the exact location of harvest (through GPS systems aboard each vessel). Each bottle is traceable back to the Antarctic location where the krill was actually harvested.
For Your Protection, Our Krill Oil Is Consistently Tested for Purity
Our Antarctic krill source meets the strictest quality standards when it comes to contaminants. In fact, regular testing is performed to ensure our krill oil meets extremely demanding specifications for a broad range of potential contaminants.
As mentioned earlier, heavy metals are always a concern when it comes to seafood products.
Fish and seafood have the potential to contain high levels of heavy metals such as lead and mercury. We test each lot of our krill for these and the levels found in our krill oil are so low, they even test well below California’s Prop 65 limits, which are much more stringent than federal guidelines.
Most of our major waterways are contaminated with hormone disrupting chemicals such as dioxins and PCBs. Because our krill is harvested in the pristine Antarctic waters, this concern is virtually eliminated. The levels of these chemicals found in our krill oil are nearly undetectable compared to the limits set forth by the World Health Organization.
PAHs, or polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, are carcinogenic compounds that are found in cigarettes and also in crude oil. With the prevalence of offshore oil drilling across the globe, it is important to ensure the seafood you consume has not been contaminated by oil spills. Our krill oil is also tested for eight different PAHs commonly found in crude oil.
Consistent monitoring to guarantee our krill oil is meeting the strictest guidelines further ensures its purity.
Unique Encapsulation System Helps Prevent Leakage and Spoilage
Without a superior delivery and encapsulation system, all the innovation and technology that goes into producing our Krill Oil could be a waste.
Fortunately, our formula is delivered in a hard capsule instead of a softgel or other type of capsule technology. Our hard capsules use innovative “Fusion Technology” to seal the two-piece capsule.
This liquid capsule technology can provide many beneficial advantages over others, as it:
- Reduces oxidation potential by flushing the liquid formulation with nitrogen during the capsule-filling process – creating a “freshness bubble.”
- Ensures two-piece capsules are hermetically sealed to significantly reduce the potential for leakage – yields a precisely tight, one-piece capsule.
- Enhances shelf-life through exemplary filling and sealing processes.
Plus, because the capsules are so tightly sealed, you won’t even smell the krill oil.*
Krill Oil for Women With Evening Primrose Oil to Support a Woman’s Special Needs*
Regardless of whether you’re a man or woman, getting adequate amounts of essential fats, DHA and EPA, is crucial to help maintain your overall health.*
For women, there’s another essential fatty acid that can be particularly beneficial – and that’s gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).* GLA supports the normal function and growth of cells, nerves, muscles and organs throughout your body, to potentially:*
- Help ease normal symptoms of PMS.*
- Support your healthy mood and memory.*
- Maintain blood pressure levels already in the normal range.*
- Enhance calcium absorption that can lead to strong bones.*
Where can you find GLA?
Evening primrose is a wildflower that opens up in the evening time, as its name suggests.
The evening primrose lends some of its beauty to women in the form of oil from its seeds. The seeds are rich in an essential fatty acid profile of 65% linoleic acid and 8 to 10% GLA.
Of the few available sources of GLAs, evening primrose oil seems to deliver the best results, compared to borage oil and other GLA sources, and is thought to support female health and vitality in many ways.*
So, when we set out to create our line of premium krill oil formulas, we wanted to be sure we also included one that met the specific needs of women.
With our Krill Oil for Women, you receive not only the special benefits of Organic Evening Primrose (Seed) Oil but also krill oil’s bioavailable supply of essential omega-3s plus 2 mg Organic Astaxanthin, so you can experience radiant health from the inside out.
Take Control of Your Health® With the Best in Krill Oil
Isn’t it time you took charge of increasing your intake of health-supporting omega-3 fats and crucial antioxidants?*
Our Krill Oil stands out from any other krill or fish oil on the market because it is:
- MSC-certified to reassure you we harvest krill according to strict sustainability standards.
- Produced using extraordinary efficient Eco-Harvesting technology that supports sustainability of Antarctic krill and marine species.
- Delivered by a protective encapsulation system second to none so you can be assured of freshness and little-to-no smell.
- A formula that guarantees at least 2 mg of Organic Astaxanthin per serving.
Krill Oil is one of the smartest ways to increase your intake of DHA and EPA and antioxidants like Astaxanthin without risking exposure to mercury and other heavy metals as well as hormone-disrupting plasticizers.*
And just as DHA and EPA are essential for your overall wellbeing, they also play an important role in your child’s developing brain and body. Our Krill for Kids offers all the benefits of our Krill Oil in the ideal dose for your child’s body, so you can rest assured he or she receives the necessary amount of omega 3s.
Also available in special formulas specifically designed for women and pets, our Krill Oil is the ideal source of omega-3s for the whole family. Order your supply today.