Since 1997, when Mercola.com was first launched, I’ve regularly stressed the importance of including plenty of raw, organic vegetables in your daily diet.
Many health experts recommend consuming at least five servings of vegetables per day, but one of the biggest challenges many people face is how to get adequate daily servings of these nutritious vegetables.
Sadly, very few people actually meet this challenge.
Fortunately, there’s a simple solution that can not only help you get the nutritious vegetables you need but also save you time in the process.
Juicing – Why It Should Be Part of Your Optimal Nutrition Regimen
Vegetable juicing as part of your daily regimen is one of the healthiest practices you can do, and it…
- Helps you absorb the nutrients from the vegetables – This is important because many of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over time. This can limit your body's ability to absorb nutrients from the vegetables.
- Helps “pre-digest” nutrients so you’re able to absorb more of the nutrients. However, unless you also eat the pulp, you will be missing out on the valuable fiber from vegetables.
- Allows you to consume more vegetables in an efficient manner – Juicing allows you to reduce the time you spend preparing and cooking vegetables. Plus, with juicing you get raw food nutrients that cooked vegetables don’t provide. A refreshing glass of fresh-squeezed juice helps you get the number of servings of vegetables you need for optimal health.
- Encourages a wider variety of vegetables in your diet – Many people tend to eat the same vegetables day after day. With juicing, you can choose from a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally eat.
One of the biggest reasons why many people avoid juicing is the time commitment. With all its prep and cleanup, juicing is often seen to be a real chore.
We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with how quick and easy juicing can actually be when you find the right juicer to do most of the work for you. And you don’t have to spend a lot of money to find a high-quality, efficient juicer.
Quick and Easy Ways to Make Juicing More Efficient
The idea of juicing raw vegetables to maximize your vegetable intake is very compelling, but if you are like most people, you have a busy schedule. That makes it all the more critical to find the most efficient way to juice.
While it may be tempting to juice in bulk to save time, keep in mind that vegetable juice is perishable. We recommend juicing only what you can consume in 12 to 24 hours maximum. You get the most nutrients from juice immediately after you finish juicing.
Here are some tips to get you started making delicious and healthy juice:
- Start out by juicing vegetables that are easy to digest – We recommend celery, fennel (anise) and cucumbers as your starting base. Everyone’s system is unique, so “listen” to your body when you first start juicing.
- Make organic and locally grown vegetables a priority – Because organic vegetables are grown without pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, you don’t have to remove the skin on many varieties (like cucumbers).
- Try other vegetables when your system is ready – Once you feel you’re tolerating celery, fennel and cucumbers, you can begin adding other leafy vegetables like kale, collards, parsley, dandelion greens, cabbage, endive, lettuce and most any other dark green leafy vegetable.
Juicing Recipe Example
Depending on the size of the vegetables used, this recipe yields about eight to ten 10 oz glasses of delicious, hearty juice.
2 stalks of celery
1 bundle of collards
1 bundle of kale
½ bag of frozen cranberries
- Start with small amounts of greens, as too large of quantities can be bitter.
- Save time by preparing your juice once for the entire day – If you’re planning on drinking your juice multiple times during the day, you can do everything at once to save time. Store your juice in a clean Mason or Ball glass jar in the refrigerator. Consume within 12 to 24 hours.
- Get organized when you’re ready to juice – Wash all your vegetables, and peel them only when necessary (if not organic). Don’t peel or slice anything you don’t have to.
- Save time in cleanup – Find a juicer that’s easy to clean and with mostly “dishwasher-safe” parts. That way you’ll only need to hand wash a few pieces making cleanup quick and easy.
While many people enjoy juicing fruits along with their vegetables, it’s something we recommend only in moderation. Most fruit contains far too much sugar. And because you remove the valuable fiber when you juice fruits, you end up absorbing too much of the fructose in fruit.
If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a lemon, lime or a limited amount of unsweetened berries. It's best to avoid higher fructose vegetables like carrots and fruits like apples.
A ‘Nothing Wasted’ Approach
If you’ve never juiced, pulp is the byproduct left over after the vegetables have passed through the juicer. Many folks wonder what to do with the pulp other than toss it away.
Because leftover pulp contains a high amount of fiber – and most people don’t get enough fiber – we recommend eating it.
From a nutritional standpoint, it’s more useful to consume the entire vegetable, including the pulp, because the fiber…
- Serves as a prebiotic, which can play an important role in your digestion and gut flora.
- Helps create “food” for your beneficial bacteria to thrive in your GI tract.
Here are a few suggestions on how to make the leftover pulp more appetizing while using a “nothing is wasted” approach:
- Dress it up with some Himalayan salt and other condiments like balsamic vinegar and crushed red peppers.
- Dry the pulp in a dehydrator to make vegetable pulp crisps.
- Serve a lightly poached egg over the pulp with some melted, fresh raw butter.
- Drizzle with coconut oil or high-quality olive oil and add to a salad.
Finally, finding the right high-quality juicer may be your most important decision to both save time and help you reap maximum nutritional benefits from your organic produce.
Four Types of Juicers Compared
Finding the right juicer is key to saving time and maximizing the results from your efforts. That’s why our team focused on finding a juicer that gets the job done efficiently and at a reasonable price.
Here’s a chart comparing four of the main types of juicers available:
|Centrifugal – Tends to be the most popular and incorporates high speeds to obtain juice from vegetables
|| Among the least expensive juicers
|| Noisy due to high speeds
Not ideal for extracting juice out of vegetables like wheatgrass, spinach, lettuce and other greens
Potential reliability issues with less expensive models
|Triturating – Incorporates twin gears to operate at low speeds
|| Generates less foam due to lower speeds
High-pressure squeezing helps break open tough vegetable cell walls to efficiently yield juice
| Can be expensive
|Wheatgrass – Designed for juicing wheatgrass and other leafy greens
|| Does a great job extracting juice from wheatgrass and leafy greens, and is less expensive than others that juice all types of vegetables and fruits.
|| Not designed to extract juice from non-leafy vegetables and most fruits
|Masticating – Uses a single auger to chew up vegetables and fruits
|| By operating at lower speeds, tends to be quieter, creates less foam, and generally has a long shelf life
A high-quality unit can juice most vegetables and fruits.
| Costs more than lower-priced centrifugal juicers
Overall, we favor the efficiency and affordability of masticating juicers. Triturating juicers are very good as well but tend to be more expensive. We’re not convinced any extra benefits warrant the higher cost.
It’s best to avoid cheap centrifugal juicers because their end result is often unsatisfactory. Their high-speed motor is noisy and can cause excessive oxidation of the juice.
If you want a juicer to primarily juice leafy green veggies and wheatgrass, then you can save money by purchasing a wheatgrass juicer.
For all-around juicing of leafy and non-leafy vegetables plus fruits, a multi-purpose masticating juicer is your best approach.
With so many different types of juicers to choose from, we put together a checklist to help save you time searching for the high-quality juicing solution that works best for you.
The Ultimate Juicer Selection Checklist
Finding the right high-quality juicer can be the difference between you juicing on a regular basis and doing it once and possibly never again.
When searching for a multi-purpose juicer, look for one that:
- Separates out the insoluble fiber (pulp) – A juicer and a blender are not the same – with a blender, you get juice filled with pulp. Particularly with vegetable juicing, most people don’t enjoy thick pulp in their juice. A high-quality juicer will separate the pulp into a receptacle for other uses.
- Operates at low speed with a reliable motor – Weak machines with lower power output often have to run at very high rpm (revolutions per minute). These high-speed machines tend to be very noisy. If your juicer lacks reliable power, feeding produce into the juicer can jam and shut down the juicer because of a drop in the rpm. Some high-quality wheatgrass juicers don’t use a motor at all. Instead, these juicers take advantage of human energy to keep the cost low and still produce excellent results.
- Incorporates auto-feed mechanism – To help the entire juicing process flow more efficiently, finding a juicer with some sort of auto-feed capability is a must. Instead of having to force ingredients into the juicing device, an auto-feed mechanism helps pull the ingredients into the device for more efficient extraction. This also helps save prep time because you don’t have to pre-cut everything up into smaller pieces.
- Is easy to use and clean – A rapid, simple cleanup is a must. Look for a juicer with as few pieces as possible and one that ejects the pulp. The more parts you have that require cleaning and the more pulp you have to scoop out of the juicer, the more time it will take you to clean up. With a higher-end multipurpose juicer, make sure most of the juicer parts are dishwasher safe.
- Provides flexibility by juicing different types of ingredients – Your best juicer is one that can handle a wide variety of vegetables and fruits. If you’re only interested in juicing wheatgrass and leafy green vegetables, look for one that is designed to effectively juice wheatgrass, spinach, kale and most other leafy greens. You can save some money if that’s your primary juicing focus.
With all of these important factors in mind, our team found two juicer that fit the bill perfectly.
How This Multipurpose Juicer Stands Apart from the Rest
The Juice Extractor satisfies all our selection criteria with its remarkable features and benefits:
| Comes in both white and chrome finishes
|| Attractive finishes fit into almost any kitchen décor
| Available in both 120V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz models
|| Provides flexibility in both popular finishes for international use
| Incorporates masticating technology made from durable plastics
|| Single auger design provides one of the best ways to efficiently extract vegetables (and other ingredients)
| Employs low-speed gear technology that runs at 80 RPM
|| Reduces noise and vibration. Helps avoid heat buildup
| Incorporates auto-feed design and extraction system
|| Helps make juicing process quick and convenient.
Requires less time to pre-cut and prepare ingredients prior to juicing
| Provides direction control power switch
|| Forward switch pulls ingredients into the juicer for extraction and reverse switch pushes ingredients upwards to prevent clogging
| Separates out the pulp automatically
|| Pulp ejection system separates pulp from juice to provide continuous juicing and a smooth texture. Separate convenient cup provided to reserve the pulp for other uses
| Assembles and cleans up quickly
|| With very few parts to assemble and clean, juicer is a breeze to use.
Cleaning brush helps save cleanup time and the majority of juicing parts are top-shelf dishwasher safe
| Provides a "one-stop shop" for all your juicing needs
|| Easily juices vegetables and fruits, and handles wheatgrass and leafy greens with ease
Even grinds coffee and can make homemade pasta in just minutes
Includes 7 different nozzles (plus one extra juicing nozzle) for juicing, mincing, grinding and making pasta
If you’re only interested in just juicing wheatgrass and leafy green vegetables, the Manual Wheatgrass Juicer is your low-cost solution because it…
- Saves you money over higher-priced wheatgrass juicers.
- Handles wheatgrass and all types of leafy veggies like spinach, kale and parsley with ease.
- Is simple to operate.
- Separates excess pulp from the juice.
- Cleans up in three minutes or less with soap and water.
- Is small in size, weighing only 3.5 lbs., which makes it perfect for travel.
Not only does the Juice Extractor come loaded with all these beneficial features, but it is also reasonably priced and comes from a trusted, innovative manufacturer.
In business since 1978, the international, advanced-technology manufacturer has developed many home appliances for creating healthy food, including juicers, juice extractors, blenders, yogurt makers, food processors and food dehydrators.
To demonstrate how innovative they truly are, they hold a combination of more than 330 patents and “patents pending” in kitchen and home appliances.
Get Started Today – Make Juicing Part of Your Daily Plan for Health
We’re confident you won’t be disappointed when you start juicing with our Juice Extractor. In fact, we believe you’ll enjoy juicing so much, you’ll wonder why it took you so long to get started.
The Juice Extractor is the multipurpose juicer we highly recommend to family and friends to help them make nutritious vegetable juice and more. And now, we’re doing the same for you.
At these low prices, we think you will agree that our Juice Extractor is a small price to pay for an essential that will provide you with many years of reliable service and delicious, wholesome juice.
With all the technological “bells and whistles” that the Juice Extractor offers, you’d be hard-pressed to find a comparable unit at the same or lower price. And keep in mind, when you order your juicer here, you receive our Money Back Guarantee (please see complete details below).
Whether you are looking for the ideal multipurpose juice extractor or simply want to juice wheatgrass and leafy greens, you don’t need to look any further. Our Juice Extractor or economical Manual Wheatgrass Juicer can handle your specific needs.
Order your choice of units today, and start juicing healthy, life-invigorating vegetables in no time at all.