Red beet root juice has become synonymous with energy levels. However, beet juice is not the ideal way to get the benefits of beets because it is loaded with sugar and is sourced mostly from GMO beets.
This ancient, prehistoric food offers a variety of unique health-boosting nutrients not found in or in good supply in other foods.
If you’ve been limiting sugar and non-fiber carbs in your diet (as I advise), maybe you’ve been avoiding beets.
Beets do have the highest sugar content of any vegetable. Unless you know about their special palette of nutrients, it’s easy to dismiss them as a food best left off your plate.
I’m here to tell you that may be a big mistake.
Especially because now there’s a way you can get all the nutritional goodness of beets plus a whole lot more, even if beets aren’t your favorite food…
And the best part? You can have them without the excess sugar!
Why Nearly Zero Sugar Organic Beets Should Be Part of Your Daily Diet
Before I get into the details about how beets can be so low in sugars, I’d like to quickly review what’s so good about them.
Organic beets deserve a place in your everyday diet for six important reasons:
- They help promote a healthy normal inflammatory response.
- They help promote healthy blood flow throughout your body and brain.
- They support your body’s natural detoxification processes.
- They support immune and cellular health.
- They promote brain neuroplasticity, or the ability to form new neural pathways.
- They’re high in valuable nutrients: vitamin C, folate, potassium and manganese.
So what is it about beets that make them such a unique and valuable vegetable?
Three things: nitrates, bioactive pigments called betalains, and other beneficial phytochemical compounds.
Why All Nitrates and Nitrites Don’t Behave the Same Way in Your Body
Beets are an excellent source of nitrates, which account for many of their potential health benefits.
But you’ve probably also heard that processed meats like bacon, hot dogs and ham contain nitrates, too, and they’re potentially hazardous to your health.
What’s the difference?
All nitrates convert to nitrites in your body. Nitrites are found in the preservative sodium nitrite that’s added to processed meats, and they can also occur naturally in drinking water, fertilizer, sewage treatment facilities and septic systems.
Here’s the problem with nitrites in cured or processed meats... When you heat or cook these foods, the nitrites can convert into nitrosamines, a dangerous substance. For that reason, I recommend avoiding any meat with sodium nitrite listed on the package label.
The naturally occurring nitrates in beets also convert to nitrites when you eat them by the bacteria in your mouth, but the similarities end there.
Beets contain high levels of antioxidants and phytonutrients that provide a protective effect against the health-harming actions of nitrites. Thanks to these valuable nutrients, the converted nitrites in beets don’t pose a threat to your health.
Unlike the nitrites in processed meats, fertilizers and drinking water, the naturally occurring nitrates in beets offer health benefits.
Beets contain one of the highest levels of nitrates found in foods, and that’s a real plus. When you eat beets, your body converts these nitrates into nitric oxide, or NO, through what’s known as the ‘nitrate-to-nitrite-to-nitric oxide (NO) pathway.’
And NO just happens to be vital for life…
Nitric Oxide: The Key to Healthy Blood Flow and Other Potential Benefits
If you were to look inside your blood vessels, you would see a thin lining of cells called the endothelium.
These endothelial cells line your entire circulatory system, from your heart to the smallest of your capillaries.
Inside these cells, a soluble gas called nitric oxide, or NO, is continually produced from the amino acid, L-arginine.
This gas, NO, is an important signaling molecule in every cell of your body. It plays an important role in:
- Supporting your cardiovascular health.
- Promoting your normal endothelial function.
- Promoting healthy dilation of your veins and arteries to support healthy blood flow.
- Protecting your cells’ powerhouses, or mitochondria.
- Preventing your red blood cells from sticking together.
Nitric oxide helps your blood vessels relax and increases the diameter of your vessels for improved blood flow.
Healthy blood flow is essential for supplying your brain and organs with oxygen and nutrients. Your blood nourishes and oxygenizes your immune system and muscles, and helps keep your heart beating. Just as importantly, your blood carries away wastes and carbon dioxide.
Nitric Oxide – and healthy blood flow – both are essential for energy production and overall well-being
Obviously, without healthy blood flow, the functions of your cells and organs, including those of your brain, might be compromised.
Healthy Blood Flow and Your Brain
Your brain is one of the most oxygen-demanding organs in your body. Because nitric oxide travels to the parts of your body requiring oxygen, your brain can potentially benefit when you have abundant NO.
A recent study of 26 men and women aged 55 and older examined how beet juice affects brain health when combined with exercise.
This group of individuals did not regularly exercise before the study. During the study, the participants walked for 50 minutes on a treadmill one hour after drinking beet juice, three times a week.
What did the researchers discover at the end of the six-week study?
- Combining beet juice with exercise increased blood flow and delivered more oxygen to brain tissues.
- The group consuming beet juice had much higher levels of nitrate and nitrite in their bodies than the placebo group after exercise.
- The group who exercised and drank beet juice had brain networks that more closely resembled those of younger adults, suggesting greater neuroplasticity, or the ability to form new neural pathways.
These findings just confirm what I repeatedly state – your diet matters for your brain health, especially as you grow older.
How Beet Juice Can Help Improve Your Overall Well-Being
Researchers have found that nitric oxide-rich beet juice is linked to improved NO function and beneficial vascular effects. Consuming beet juice can potentially help support:
- Optimal blood flow to your muscles, brain, heart and other organs.*
- Enhanced oxygen and nutrient delivery to your brain and body.*
- Increased plasma nitrate levels which may boost nitric oxide.*
- The pliability of arterial walls.*
- Healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range.*
What’s more, this conversion of the nitrates in beets to NO happens quickly. There’s no waiting days or weeks for results!
But remember, regular beet juice is less than an optimal source of beets because it is high in sugars that can impair your body’s ability to burn fat as your primary fuel and cause secondary mitochondrial dysfunction.
7 Reasons Why Your Blood Flow Might Need a Boost
Maybe you’re wondering by now why your blood flow or circulation – and your production of nitric oxide – might be less than optimal. Here are seven of the most common causes:
- Aging affects your body’s ability to produce NO. On average, typical Americans eating the SAD (Standard American Diet) lose 10 percent of their ability to make nitric oxide every 10 years.
- Inadequate sun exposure can result in lower NO production. Sunlight (UV) striking your skin releases nitric oxide into your bloodstream, which is vital for your skin, cardiovascular and mitochondrial health.
- Stress can constrict your arteries, thicken your blood and damage blood vessel linings, making it more difficult for your blood to flow easily.
- Excessive sitting slows blood circulation to your organs and tissues.
- Lack of exercise can cause blood in your pelvis and legs to pool and become stagnant.
- Smoking harms your blood cells and damages the structure and function of your heart and blood vessels.
- Fluoride and chlorine if present in your drinking and showering water can convert NO into other substances, including toxic and destructive nitric acid.
Making sure you get regular sun exposure, you’re moving and exercising more, and addressing your stress with meditation, yoga, and deep breathing are all valuable first steps you can take to promote healthy blood flow.
Adding beets to your daily regimen is another important step you can take.
Taking simple steps like these can help you feel more energetic and enjoy a clearer, more focused mind.
You’ll be helping to nourish your heart, brain and muscles with the oxygen and nutrients they need for optimal functioning.
From 36 Percent to Nearly Zero… How We Made the Sugars in Beets Vanish, Almost Like Magic
As I mentioned earlier, beets and juice made from fresh beets are high in sugar, and that can be a potential concern for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
Because beets contain 36 percent simple carbs or sugars, you can’t eat or drink large amounts without consuming too much sugar and non-fiber carbs.
But when you ferment beets, something interesting happens...
Beneficial bacteria created during the fermentation process consume most of the naturally occurring sugars, while leaving beets’ precious nutrients untouched.
Fermentation effectively removes the simple carbs in beets as their glucose content converts to alcohol, which then quickly evaporates.
This is in stark contrast to some other non-fermented beet powders that may contain high levels of sugars!
My Organic Fermented Beet Powder, made from organic dried beet roots, is made using a precise, controlled process that interrupts the fermentation at its optimal point. With the finished product, you get all the health boosting benefits of fresh beets without the high sugar normally found in beets.
We even tested it… Before fermentation, there were 2 grams of sugar per 5 gram serving. After fermentation, that number plummeted to less than 10mg per serving – a negligible amount!
Plus, we made another surprising discovery with our tests: Fermentation more than doubled the nitrate content of the beets by concentrating the beets.
That’s not all… The fermentation process adds beneficial bacteria and enzymes, and it makes some of the nutrients in beets even more bioavailable for your body to use.
Beyond Nitric Oxide: My Organic Fermented Beet Powder Contains Important Immune and Cell Health Support Nutrients
Organic beets contain more than nitrates to support health…
My Organic Fermented Beet Powder is also a good source of:
- Phytochemical compounds like carotenoids, phenolic acids and flavonoids that give beets their deep red color and provide potent support for healthy cell growth and function.
- Antioxidant compounds, including highly bioactive betalain pigments and sulfur-containing amino acids to support your body’s natural Phase 2 detoxification process and to help protect against oxidative stress.
- Vitamin C, fiber, potassium and manganese to support your healthy immune function.
- Folate, an important B vitamin especially for pregnant women and for supporting your cardiovascular health.
And because it’s made from organic beets, there are no genetically modified ingredients.
Each 5 gram serving of Fermented Beet Powder is equivalent to 40 grams, or about 1/3 cup of whole, fresh beet roots.
Best of all, my Organic Fermented Beet Powder is simple to use. Add a scoop to your daily smoothie or mix with water or other beverages for a nitrate-rich, energy boost!
Ready to Take Advantage of all Fermented Beets has to Offer?
If you’re wanting to optimize your energy for all of life’s pleasures – and responsibilities – and help keep your mind sharp and youthful, look no further than my Organic Fermented Beet Powder made with organic dried red beets.
It’s perfect for any age, and for anyone who wants the benefits that come with higher levels of nitric oxide.
This includes potent support for:
- A healthy normal inflammatory response.
- Healthy blood flow throughout your body and brain.
- Your body’s natural detoxification processes.
- Immune and cellular health.
- Brain neuroplasticity, or the ability to form new neural pathways.
By promoting healthy nitric oxide function and supporting healthy blood flow throughout your body and brain, my very low sugar Organic Fermented Beet Powder with more than double the nitrate content can help you regain the energy of years past.
Order my Organic Fermented Beet Powder today, and experience the difference organic beets can make in your life!