Every couple of years, we’re treated to the dazzling talents of Olympic athletes. While it’s natural to focus on the amazing accomplishments of the top performing individuals, to me, it’s just as fascinating to observe the team effort that goes into bringing home a medal.
Each athlete has to work in harmony with the others on his or her team to win. The names of all the team members may not make headlines, they still achieve greatness by working together.
Bottom line, there’s always a team effort involved in winning. And that typically applies to your health, too. You need to put in the effort and nutrients need to work together to help you Take Control of Your Health®!
Here’s something to consider – is there a missing nutritional element in the overall team effort required to help you improve your health?
Speaking of nutrition, you know I've been very outspoken about consuming locally grown, organic foods for a balanced nutritional diet. There are also high-quality supplements that can work together as a team to complement a healthy diet and boost your overall health.
I’m often asked which supplements are the most important to take for supporting health and supplementing a healthy diet.
To help answer that question and to provide general guidance for a basic foundation, I’ve put together two convenient money-saving packages – one for men and one for women of all ages – of top supplements that I recommend for most individuals.
Therefore, I have put together a couple of convenient money-saving bundles to make it easy for you to get started.
Introducing My Core 5 and Core 5 for Women for a Complete Foundational Regimen
If you are looking for a complete foundational regimen, here are my top supplement recommendations – the ones I feel can best complement your smart diet and help optimize your health:
- Krill Oil
- Ubiquinol 150
- Complete Probiotics
- Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals
These five supplements form my Core 5 pack for men. For women, I’ve put together a Core 5 for Women that addresses your unique female needs.
Core 5 for Women includes:
- Krill Oil for Women
- Ubiquinol 150
- Complete Probiotics for Women
- Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals for Women
Let’s take a closer look at both of these packages to see why I believe these nutritional supplements are so essential for your health.
Why Krill Is King
When I first learned about this pure marine oil, I was extremely impressed with its many benefits and the solid research behind its unique combination of antioxidants and omega-3 ingredients.*
I've believed for quite some time that the best one-two punch to improve your overall health is:*
- Increasing your intake of antioxidants and
- Increasing your intake of omega-3 fatty acids
Krill Oil comes jam-packed with antioxidant power – including the antioxidant vitamins A and E, plus astaxanthin and canthaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is a natural carotenoid-type antioxidant even more powerful in it’s free radical-scavenging capacity than beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, lycopene, and orlutein.
Here’s what makes Krill Oil so unique among sources of omega-3 fatty acids:
Krill Oil carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids little packages that deliver fatty acids across your cellular membranes directly to your body's cells.*
Scientific evidence to date has shown that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA (two essential omega-3 fats) are these phospholipids.*
Unfortunately, inferior fish oil and krill oil brands lack this phospholipid complex. Instead they contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less beneficial form of free triglycerides.
13 Ways Krill Oil Supports Your Well-Being
Here is just a sampling of the many ways krill oil helps supports your health:
- Promotes a healthy heart*
- Improves concentration, memory, and learning*
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels already within the normal range*
- Promotes healthy joints, including your joint comfort*
- Helps you neutralize the normal signs of aging*
- Supports your nervous system function and development*
- Helps protect your cell membranes*
- Supports healthy normal cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
- Promotes healthy liver function*
- Provides relief from normal PMS symptoms*
- Supports your immune system health*
- Provides healthy mood support*
- Boosts your skin health*
I believe today's foods lack adequate antioxidant nutrients, so the unique naturally occurring antioxidants in Krill Oil can be a valuable contribution to your healthy diet.
Plus, many traditional food sources for omega-3s (certain fish and salmon) are not necessarily free of contamination by mercury, PCBs, and other toxins.
So, that's why Krill Oil is on my general supplement list.
Of course, if you're a woman, you'll probably benefit even more from Krill Oil for Women with Evening Primrose Oil – because it was formulated especially for your optimal female health
Essential Primrose Oil, Added Exclusively for Women of All Ages
The evening primrose lends some of its beauty to women in the form of oil from its seeds... rich in an essential fatty acid profile of 65% linoleic acid and 8 to 10% gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
GLA supports the normal function and growth of cells, nerves, muscles, and organs throughout your body – including skin and hair growth, bone health, metabolic control, and reproductive health – making it particularly valuable for women.*
Of the few available sources of GLAs, evening primrose oil (EPO) seems to deliver the best results, and is thought to support your female health and vitality in many ways:*
- May relieve normal symptoms of PMS*
- May reduce breast tenderness*
- Provides support for your healthy mood*
- Supports healthy skin and hair*
- Supports optimal metabolic levels*
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range*
- Enhances calcium absorption, leading to strong, dense bones*
That's why I recommend Krill Oil for Women with Evening Primrose Oil as an excellent way for women to get the antioxidant power of Krill, along with GLA and valuable omega-3s.*
Next up on my top supplement list is...
Ubiquinol: The Key to Cellular Energy and Healthy Mitochondria*
Let me tell you why Ubiquinol is high on my list.
I believe one of the key elements in the aging process is free radical production. These free radicals are oxygen atoms deficient in electrons that become highly reactive. The reactions in turn cause potential damage to your tissues and DNA.
If you could limit free radical production, then you could potentially influence the normal aging process.*
One nutrient that can help you do just that is CoQ10, or its active, reduced form, Ubiquinol.*
Your body requires the reduced form of CoQ10 (ubiquinol) to help you limit free radical production. And as you age, your body becomes more and more challenged to convert the oxidized CoQ10 to ubiquinol.
Another very important reason for using Ubiquinol is to help boost your body’s cellular energy production and support the health of your cells’ mitochondria that produce nearly all of your body’s energy.*
Ubiquinol helps facilitate the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the energy "currency” for all your cells.* If you are 25 or younger, you can benefit from CoQ10. If you are over 25, you need the reduced form of CoQ10, Ubiquinol, to efficiently carry out all of its functions.
So even if you do your best to eat wholesome unprocessed foods, your body's capability to produce CoQ10 and convert it to ubiquinol declines over time.*
The good news is with Ubiquinol, you now can have the ubiquinol formula direct... the active form of the CoQ10 nutrient in the preferred potency – 150 mg!*
Your added benefits from Ubiquinol include:
- Potentially absorb more CoQ10 — as shown in studies by enhanced blood plasma levels*
- Become less dependent on your body to convert CoQ10 to ubiquinol... In the plasma of healthy humans, more than 90 percent of CoQ10 exists in the reduced form (ubiquinol)*
- Absorb CoQ10 that's already in the active state your body needs*
- Receive the reduced (unoxidized) form of CoQ10 for added cellular energy*
- Get a strong first stage defense against oxygen free radicals to help you reduce the signs of premature aging – and optimize your health*
No doubt you now understand why ubiquinol is right up there on my list.
Now let me show you...
How a Healthy Gut Can Help You Enhance Your Overall Health*
I've often heard people say that "death begins in the colon." I disagree. On the contrary, it's my firm belief life is promoted and enhanced in the colon* – if you know what you're doing.
Maintaining great intestinal health is akin to maintaining your great overall health.*
And that's why my next favored supplement is one that helps you promote your intestinal health – Complete Probiotics. One of the key formulation factors in a probiotic supplement is it must contain effective bacterial strains.* Now, as you can imagine, this is a rather complex issue.
But of all the strains produced over the years, there is one I believe exceeds all others... and to me, if the probiotic formula does not contain this strain, well quite frankly, you’re not getting the best bang for your buck.*
Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 is the name of this highly effective strain of beneficial bacteria...* and the “DDS-1” is really important. There are other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus out there, but without the DDS-1 specificity, your potential health benefits could come up short.*
Research and studies suggest DDS-1 can be effective toward enhancing human health because it...*
- Adapts well to the human body because of its human origin
- Is acid- and bile-resistant for intestinal survival
- Helps promote your digestive health*
- Aids in supporting your immune system*
- Contributes to the good balance of your intestinal flora*
- Produces significant quantities of lactase to potentially aid in lactose intolerance challenges*
I’m convinced Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 is one of the important and necessary strains in an effective probiotic supplement.* Without it, I believe you’re not maximizing the potential of this type of supplement.
Complete Probiotics not only contains DDS-1, it also contains a guaranteed 70 billion “good” bacteria (CFU) per capsule. Up to 90 billion CFU may be packed into each capsule to compensate for storage temperature variances.
And that’s why I’ve included Complete Probiotics as part of this daily regimen... and always make sure to take it along when you travel since it is shelf stable.
And Exclusively for Women… Complete Probiotics for Women for Your Two Microbiomes
When it comes to probiotics, researchers are discovering that women have special needs that extend beyond a healthy gut.
A woman’s vagina has its own microbiome – or diverse collection of bacteria – much like her gut has its own microbiome. Like her gut, a woman’s vagina thrives on a healthy balance of bacteria and can experience issues when the wrong bacteria grow out of control.
There is a strain of probiotic bacteria that can help promote a healthy gut, and also support the health of the vaginal microbiome... Lactobacillus bacteria. More than 20 species of lactobacilli probiotic bacteria have been identified in the healthy female vagina.
My Complete Probiotics for Women contains 7 of the most dominant Lactobacilli probiotic species found in a woman’s healthy vagina. In addition, this complete formula contains 3 common species of Bifidobacteria. Researchers believe that Bifidobacteria may have similar protective or health-promoting effects as Lactobacilli.*
Studies with healthy women show that oral ingestion of these special probiotic strains can lead to:
- An increase in vaginal lactobacilli after 60 days compared to a group taking a placebo*
- A reduction in yeast and unwanted bacterial strains*
- A colonization of the wanted strains in both the vagina and rectum*
- An optimal vaginal pH for supporting a healthy vaginal microbiome*
- An overall improvement in the health of the vaginal microbiome*
Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli actually indirectly support women’s health through the support of digestive health – an exciting win-win for women of all ages!*
Which Pack Is Best for You? The Essential 3 or Core 5?
The first three supplements I’ve introduced you to – Krill Oil, Ubiquinol, and Complete Probiotics are what I like to refer to as The Essential 3.
The Essential 3 for Women includes Krill Oil for Women, Ubiquinol, and Complete Probiotics for Women.
If you’re just starting out and want to incorporate supplementation into your daily health regimen that covers the bases, I recommend the Essential 3.
But many men and women want more… They know they want more antioxidants to help protect against on-going free radical damage and perhaps they realize they may not be eating as well as they know they should.
For that reason, a significant number of individuals choose to add a potent antioxidant formula and multivitamin and mineral supplement for their daily regimen.
So, let me introduce you to the Core 5 collection and the two additional supplements it contains to help you move up the ladder to the next level of nutritional supplementation.
Astaxanthin – One of Nature’s Most Powerful Antioxidants
I knew it was essential to include a high-quality antioxidant formula in the top supplements I recommend – and I chose one of the most powerful antioxidants out there.
Premium astaxanthin, such as is present in my unique formula – has free-radical scavenging strength as much as 65 times greater than vitamin C and 54 times greater than beta-carotene.*
That definitely seems like a supplement to take every day.
Among the many benefits of my Astaxanthin, it can potentially:
- Support your brain and nervous system from free radicals*
- Support your joint and skeletal system health*
- Increase your strength and stamina*
- Improve your endurance and enable faster exercise recovery*
But an important thing to remember is that not every astaxanthin formula is created equal… and I made sure that mine is the top-of-the-line...
My astaxanthin formula uses pure astaxanthin, the ultimate in quality and purity. The astaxanthin is created from marine microalgae and not from a less effective form.
Be aware of synthetic astaxanthin, which is currently available in the market. Also, if you plan to get your astaxanthin from salmon, make sure you choose wild salmon – or you could be consuming synthetic astaxanthin with potentially harmful chemicals.
My astaxanthin formula also contains a special ingredient... alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). This omega-3 fatty acid is an excellent “carrier” for astaxanthin, which helps you maximize absorption for the best results.
ALA is also a plant-based omega-3, whereas krill oil is an animal-based omega-3, so you can have the best of both types, giving you an efficient balance of top-quality omega-3’s for optimal health.
How Our Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals Stands Out From the ‘Crowd’
A number of carefully controlled studies provide startling evidence that by the time processed food reaches your table, serious nutrient content could already be lost.
Some estimates report the nutrient value lost at over 50 percent!
Realizing you may not always obtain the unprocessed, preferably organic foods you need – and knowing how easy it is for valuable nutrients to be destroyed – you can understand why I believe adding a good multivitamin to complement your diet is a sound move. Designed to complement and fill in the nutritional gaps of a healthy diet, our Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals contains more than 50 nutritional ingredients, including vitamins and chelated minerals in a special whole-food herbal base.
With my unique Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals formula, you'll benefit from many specially selected minerals... including these 3 essential ones:
- Calcium — A recent study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that people should consume 741 milligrams (mg) per day of calcium to maintain neutral calcium balance to promote healthy bones.*
- Magnesium — Scientific studies have reported that magnesium is helpful in supporting your lungs and overall pulmonary system.* But some lower-potency multivitamins don't include this ingredient.
- Potassium — Research has shown that potassium is another important element in your bone density health.* As you age, bone density becomes an important element in your overall health.*
These minerals may be worth their weight in gold. They're part of the added bonus that clearly makes Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals stand apart from the rest.
To help balance the effects of free radicals, Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals provides you with high-potency amounts of an exclusive antioxidant formula that includes:*
- Natural beta-carotene — healthy vision and immune system support*
- Vitamin C — promotes tissue growth and repair, and healthy gums*
- Vitamin D3 — supports heart, bone, vascular, and immune system health*
- Vitamin E — helps support your muscular system*
- Selenium — bolsters your healthy immune system*
- L-cysteine — supports your immune and respiratory systems*
- Lutein — helps promote your healthy vision*
- Lycopene — supports your immune system*
- Red wine proanthocyanidins — provides cardiovascular support*
- And select extracts and powders from over 25 fruits, vegetables, and herbs
Plus, a Health-Promoting Blend of Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs, and Green Foods in Every Dose
In addition to these outstanding nutrients, the Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals formula also includes a health-promoting blend of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and green foods... from natural sources.
An additional 700 mg of a proprietary vegetable and fruit base further promotes your optimal health, including:
- Kale — provides healthy prostate support*
- Spinach — helps support your cardiovascular and immune systems*
- Carrot — assists optimal vision and cholesterol level*
- Radish — supports your digestive, respiratory, and nervous systems*
- Celery — provides you with skeletal and nervous system support*
- Apricot — promotes your respiratory and immune systems*
- Blackberry — helps support your digestive and immune systems*
- Cranberry — supports your urinary tract and cardiovascular system*
- Grape — promotes healthy circulation and cholesterol level*
- Pineapple — provides healthy respiratory and digestive support*
So, you can see why I’ve chosen to include Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals to round out the core supplements I recommend you take every day... it’s an important part of a daily supplement routine.
However, for women, I’ve made some very special changes in this formula for you!
For Women of All Ages, This High-Potency Formula Meets Your Exclusive Needs
Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals for Women stands apart from other multivitamin supplements in several key ways:
- Contains about 50 nutritional ingredients, including higher amounts of B vitamins
- Contains valuable minerals in adequate amounts that many supplements don’t, such as Calcium and Magnesium
- Contains many minerals in chelated form for enhanced bioavailability and absorption potential
- Includes over 2,000 mg of nutrients based on vegetables, fruits, herbs, and green foods, including, lemon bioflavonoids, red wine proanthocyanidins, garlic, broccoli, beet extract, chlorella and spirulina
Our Whole-Foods Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals for Women provides high-potency amounts of an exclusive antioxidant formula for women of all ages. Here is how it differs from our regular Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals:
- More Folate (in the preferred form of 5-MTHF) – Certain groups of women may be at risk for insufficient folate intakes, and especially any woman of childbearing age. Folate is also essential for healthy cell growth.*
- More Choline – Choline is important for healthy liver function and absolutely essential for any woman of childbearing age as it also plays a key role in the fetal development of the brain and nervous system.*
- Contains about 700 mg of a unique antioxidant blend for women’s health including Cranberry, Red Clover, D-Mannose, Shatavari Extract, Grape Skin Extract, DIM and Evening Primrose Oil*
- No grasses - Now GF! – You’ll no longer find wheat grass and barley grass powders, making this a totally gluten-free formula.
And of course it is manufactured by a trusted, highly reputable company with the highest quality control practices in place, just like our regular Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals!
How This Core 5 Pack Complements Your Healthy Diet
At this point, you've discovered why Krill Oil, Ubiquinol, Complete Probiotics, Astaxanthin, and Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals are the top 5 supplements in my suggested healthy regimen. That’s why I like to call them my Core 5.
When you choose our Core 5 for either men or women, you'll be making a smart decision in taking better control of your health.
There’s little question in my mind that taking Krill Oil, Ubiquinol, Probiotics, Astaxanthin, and our high-quality Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals on a daily basis can help enhance your quality of life.*
Here's a quick summary on how I see these 5 supplements working together to help provide you a healthy formula toward enhancing your life:*
- Promotes your healthy heart*
- Helps you maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range*
- Supports your normal cholesterol levels*
|| Krill Oil for Women
- Helps alleviate your normal PMS symptoms and promotes reproductive health*
- Provides support for your healthy mood*
- Supports your healthy heart*
- Helps you reduce the signs of normal aging*
- Gives your cellular energy a boost*
- Supports blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range*
- Supports your immune system health*
- Helps guard your digestive health*
- Helps you maintain a healthy bacterial balance for a healthy gut*
- Provides 70 Billion CFU and 10 strains of active probiotics for women’s health
- Helps guard your digestive health*
- Helps you maintain a healthy bacterial balance for a healthy gut**
- Supports your brain and nervous system protection from free radicals*
- Supports your joint and skeletal system health*
- Improves your endurance and enables faster recovery from exercise*
||Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals
- Provides essential minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium for healthy bone density*
- Includes remarkable natural formula of vegetable and fruit base to support your
- Delivers exclusive formula of high-potency antioxidants to enhance your overall
||Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals
- A well-balanced, high-potency vitamin and mineral supplement for women of
- Provides essential minerals for healthy bone density and much more*
- Contains a unique antioxidant blend for women’s health*
Now you've learned why I chose all of these great supplements as part of a recommended daily wellness regimen. And here's the wrap-up on...
How My Daily Supplement Regimen Can Support Your Health and Enhance Your Life*
I strongly feel you should consider using this regimen yourself as part of your daily wellness routine. I know I wouldn't be without the supplements I take.
You can rest assured these are by far the best supplements I could find – produced by companies with high-quality standards. You probably already know about my rigorous quality specifications that manufacturers must adhere to before I'll ever recommend their products – much less take them myself.
And who doesn’t want to save money?
When you buy the Core 5 pack, you save money compared to buying each supplement individually.
Plus, you'll have the whole team working for you...
So, order one of the convenient packages today and begin to Take Control of Your Health®!