There’s a fine line between many of today’s so-called “energy” snack bars and what’s stocked in the candy aisle of your local grocery store.
Looking at many of the top-selling snack bars, you’ll find processed, artificial sweeteners such as high-fructose corn syrup, cane syrup and aspartame. In fact, three of the top bars contain total carbohydrate levels as high as 42 grams and 20 grams of sugars per bar.
That closely follows the 35 grams of carbs and 29 grams of sugars found in one of the most popular candy bars.
Aside from questionable sweeteners, today’s most popular snack bars also contain excessive grains and genetically engineered (GE) derived ingredients like corn fiber, sugarcane fiber and soy protein isolate.
These potentially harmful ingredients are not what you need – or want – for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Convenient for when you’re in a hurry or traveling and need a quick boost of energy, snack bars are here to stay. So, why not reach for a healthier option that’s still delicious?
7 Criteria for the Perfect Snack Bar
What makes the perfect snack bar? Here are seven standards:
- Low Sugar
The bar must not contain refined sugar, artificial or corn-based sweeteners. Your body breaks down these sugars differently, and their consumption is potentially linked to insulin resistance, weight gain and disease.
- Low net carbs
Net carbohydrates are the total carbs in a product minus grams of fiber. For optimal health benefits, low net carbs is best.
- Quality fats
The calories from excess protein and carbohydrates should be replaced with high-quality fats from whole foods.
- High fiber
High levels of fiber are essential for health and for lowering net carbs. Ideal sources of fiber for bars come from whole foods.
- Organic, without genetically engineered ingredients
The bar must meet USDA Certified Organic standards and must not contain any genetically engineered ingredients.
The ideal bar must be gluten-free. Along with organic ingredients, this helps ensure your bar won’t contain traces of glyphosate, a potent harmful pesticide applied to wheat before harvesting.
- Delicious taste
The perfect snack bar is soft, chewy and flavorful, made from whole foods.
Organic Cocoa Cassava Snack Bar is Made Using Only Wholesome Ingredients
Elevating the standard of many popular snack bars on the market, Organic Cocoa Cassava Bars with Coconut and Chia Seeds are made from organic, non-genetically engineered ingredients. In addition, they provide good sources of fiber and quality fats while offering a delicious taste from high-quality whole foods.
Delightfully flavored yet healthy, our Organic Cocoa Cassava Bars contain only wholesome ingredients:
- Organic cassava (also known as tapioca, yucca and manioc root) offers a hint of sweetness and moisture. Used as a major staple food for many South American tribes since Pre-Columbian times, cassava also provides calcium.
- Organic coconut offers a delicious tropical flair and enhances the texture and fiber content. The coconut’s medium shred preserves the delicate flavor and moisture from its natural organic oils, without the use of sulfites or preservatives.
- Organic raw chia seeds are included as a source of nutrients and fiber, providing a delightful crunch. The exclusive mix of white and black chia seeds, as they exist in nature, are a low glycemic source of omega-3 fatty acids, insoluble and soluble fiber, magnesium, calcium and complete vegetable protein.
- Organic almond butter provides protein and high-quality fat for long-lasting energy and satisfying fullness. Almonds also contain antioxidants and beneficial phenols, flavonoids and phenolic acids.
- Two sources of organic chocolate are used – 56% cacao dark chocolate and raw cacao powder – delivering antioxidants. Chocolate contains the valuable micronutrients magnesium, zinc, iron and potassium as well as health-supporting flavanols. Our raw cacao powder contains no alkalizing agents or added synthetic sweeteners.
How Our Organic Cocoa Cassava Bar Compares to Three Top-Selling Bars
Learn how our Organic Cocoa Cassava Bar compares to three of the top selling snack bars that we referred to earlier.
|Organic Cocoa Cassava Bar
Not only do bars “A,” “B,” and “C” all contain almost double the amount of sugar as our bar, the types of sugar are most concerning. These bars contain sugars like high-fructose corn syrup and cane syrup.
And none of the other bars meet USDA organic standards, and two out of three contain genetically engineered (GE) ingredients and are not gluten-free (GF).
Get a Head Start on Your Day Feeling Revitalized With Our Organic Cassava Bars
From its origins on the farm to its wholesome organic ingredients and exclusive production processes, our Organic Cassava Bars with Coconut and Chia Seeds are:
- Made with organic whole foods that meet USDA organic standards without genetically engineered ingredients.
- High in fiber and low in net carbs.
- Lower in sugar than many traditional snack bars – each bar contains only 6 grams of sugar without any refined sugar or corn-based or artificial sweeteners.
- A good source of healthy fats from coconut, almond butter and omega-3s from chia seeds.
- Abundant in superfoods like cassava root and organic chocolate.
- Free of soy and gluten.
- Appetizing with a chewy texture and pleasing chocolate flavor.
- Available by the box or individual bar.
Don’t settle for second-rate, ordinary snack bars that may compromise your healthy lifestyle. Reach for the superior-quality, healthier option, and order your supply of Organic Cocoa Cassava Bars today.