Unlike many other air purifiers in the marketplace that only use one or two technologies, the Mercola ClearAir Purifier effectively incorporates four technologies…
- Advanced Photo Catalytic Oxidation (PCO) Cell – The PCO technology not only destroys biological contaminants traveling through the cell, it also produces a purifying plasma which reduces odors.
- Needlepoint Ionization – The Mercola ClearAir Purifier generates a continuous stream of millions of negative ions that circulate throughout your house. These ions charge particles of dust and dander… causing them to clump together and fall out of the air you breathe.
- Scalable Activated Oxygen Purification – The air purifier comes equipped with adjustable purification levels based on the square footage of the area. This allows the activated oxygen, also called ozone, generation to work safely and effectively based on the size of the area to be cleaned.
- Electrostatic Filtration – An advanced electrostatic filter comes with the unit to help keep the purifier clean while at the same time filter out particles which clump together from the Needlepoint Ionization.
The Mercola ClearAir Purifier has been specifically designed to proactively go after indoor air pollutants and not simply wait for them to find their way into the device.
Critical to the efficiency of the Mercola ClearAir Purifier is proper cleaning and maintenance. And keeping the ClearAir PCO Cell clean is key to maintaining your air purifier in top running condition.
Here are some cleaning tips for the PCO Cell…
- Using compressed air or a vacuum, blow or suck the dust out of the PCO Cell.
- Do not use any liquids to clean the cell.
To remove and clean your PCO Cell, follow the instructions in the Owner’s Manual.
As far as replacement timing on the ClearAir PCO Cell, the following steps are highly recommended…
- At a minimum, cell should be replaced annually. After a year, the UV bulb is below 60% of rated output and is minimally effective.
- When the UV bulb burns out, the LCD display will show the message “Replace PCO Cell”. Replace the cell without delay.
Don’t wait until the above two conditions occur to order a replacement cell, keep a spare or two on hand for uninterrupted air purification.
As with cleaning your PCO Cell, consult the Owner’s Manual on removal and replacement instructions.
It’s important you don’t wait until your PCO Cell is no longer effective to order a replacement. It’s always smart to have a couple spares on hand to keep your Mercola ClearAir Purifier running smoothly.